ADV Tornado conversion.

Eli Raphael

Interesting conversion set. I would be interested in a set only if I can find desent decals for it. I have the Osprey book by Ian Blacks on RAF and he's got some awesome photographs of Panavia Tornado ADV.

Crobinsonh, how is the quality of detail?

Mike

I really think that we are long overdue for a decent model of the Tornado F3!

Revell are missing a trick here, the tooling costs for a relatively minor set of parts to convert their GR1 kit to make into the F3 would be quite economical to develop.

They would have a whole new kit very quickly and sales wouldn't have to be over the top to recoup their costs.

Let's hope that all of the Tornado F3 fans out there won't have to wait too much longer for it!! :BANGHEAD2:

its really a non trivial conversion .. 0nly 75-80% of the IDS Tornado is retained in the ADV airframe ...

There are decals available - sort of .. Flightpath do some

tornado-f-3-2.jpg

This was a couple of years ago before the project stalled

tornado-f-3-4.jpg

eli , of you can get your hands on a conversion - go for it- trust me on this!

A 25% addition of parts to get a new model is still a heck of a lot cheaper than tooling a completely new kit. I think it'd be very viable, and BTW that 111 Sqn bird looks great!!

You should finish it.

Once I get the Tornado ADV model 56 Sqn will be my first one for sure!!!! :speak_cool:

Roy.

Hi!

There is another option: purchase an old Revell Tornado F2. They may be found for reasonable prices and will give you the nose and some elements that are useful to change a GR1 into a F3. This won't be easy but considering the lack of available conversion and the fact that the molding of the discussed resin conversion was not really great, this is a solution which shall not be underestimated.

There was also a Fligthpath Photoetched/metal detail set for the F2 but this is a very rare item OOP for ages... I had to purchase a second F2 to get the Flightpath set...!

HTH