1/32 Me262A-1a/U4 Kanonenvogel Conversion......Finally

Scott Negron

Hello,

Gents, my name is Joe Bakanovic. Once upon a time, I ran Tiger Model Designs (TMD). I started this project with Scott back toward the end of my time with TMD, before I sold it to my brother, Jeff. I didn't get this kit done because I had some things going on in my world that had me thinking I was going to leave modeling for good. Well, that didn't happen and now I'm back.

Anyway, long story short,Scott has mailed the masters for this item to me and, as soon as I have them, I will get them turned around and on the market. Unless something comes up that I'm not anticipating (and this is a real possibility in my world), you CAN look for this to be readily and reliably available sometime the second week of November.

In the mean time, I'll be here if I am needed to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Joe

Welcome aboard Joe!

:post1:

Thanks for the info on this conversion set. Good luck with getting the product out. What's going to happen now with the cannon barrel? Is Schatton still going to be supplying them, or given Scott's difficulties with them, is that perhaps not tenable now?

Kev

Resin barrel (albeit a special resin). Separate end cap, through drilled so it will look right. The Scahtton barrel is also off slightly in profile. I sent Joe 1/32 bentley drawings of the gun to correct the profile. I also sent him decals:)! It will also include the missing gear doors for 111899, missing gear door linkage, and a nicer wheel bay. If you're interested in any of these parts let Joe know.

Yea, this has been one for the books!!!!

He's not responding to me any more. I guess he decided to give himself a discount by not paying me the agreed amount (which he suggested BTW). So, off to Florida my work goes for production here, and yes, they take PayPal:)!

I just got the decals from Red Pegasus and they are very nice. I can ship them for $4.00 a set, email me if interested at scottnegron@comcast.net. Yes, I take PayPal (LOL)!

Interesting. From my above posts you can see I was not having much luck with responses, either, until a week ago I get an e-mail from him telling me he did not send me the attennae set I tried to order with the nose set because he sent the conversion kit before I sent the additional request. This is interesting because I asked for the attennae set in the same e-mail that included my address so he could calculate my postage! So anyway, he starts sending me daily e-mails asking whether I got the items and where his payment was even though I had told him (in every e-mail I sent him) that I was not going to do a bank transfer due to excess fees and 'Did he have Paypal yet?' I e-mailed him I was out of town but would find out if it had arrived yet. Meanwhile, I get three more e-mails asking about receiving the item and payment. Finally, I get back home to find the package had just arrived. Included in the package was payment instructions for either sending by bank transfer or cash. :( Neither which I wanted to do.

Geez.

I've never heard back from him in since 9/27. I inquired about paying me, about making sure those that bought the set got the missing parts, about decals I had made for him, PayPal, etc. I'm not happy about being stiffed, or not being given credit as the pattern maker, but I'm most upset that folks spent good money, waited a year longer that were told, and were given incomplete kits with no instrutions. I'm going to do my best to make sure those on this board who purchased from him get what's missing. Very unfortunate when things like this happen in our hobby.

I'm off to setup my generator, Sandy is heading straight for us!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vulcan32

Hello,

Gents, my name is Joe Bakanovic. Once upon a time, I ran Tiger Model Designs (TMD). I started this project with Scott back toward the end of my time with TMD, before I sold it to my brother, Jeff. I didn't get this kit done because I had some things going on in my world that had me thinking I was going to leave modeling for good. Well, that didn't happen and now I'm back.

Anyway, long story short,Scott has mailed the masters for this item to me and, as soon as I have them, I will get them turned around and on the market. Unless something comes up that I'm not anticipating (and this is a real possibility in my world), you CAN look for this to be readily and reliably available sometime the second week of November.

In the mean time, I'll be here if I am needed to answer any questions.

Cheers,

Joe

Any news?

Cheers, Heinz

• 3 weeks later...

262 UPDATE!

Gents, I apologize profusely, but something I had not anticipated has upset my world and all the plans I had for it. I know this project has been a LONG time in the works (too long), but I AM WORKING ON IT!

The problem at the moment is that my brother defaulted on his agreement to buy my old resin company, so I have been trying to move it and put my shop back in order these past 3 weeks. The shop is complete enough to pour molds and cast resin now, and I am setting up the molds to make this piece now. I just need to find a kit to so I can make sure the castings will fit the same way as the masters (this is not always the case).

I made a promise to Scott and I WILL keep it -- as quickly as I can. If only I could show you guys how much work there is here right now and how scarce the resources to do it with... :-(

But that's an excuse. So, with this, I am off to get to work.

Joe