Trumpeter Swordfish

Phartycr0c

Purhcased as a pressie / challenge by my good mate Rich T, in an attempt to "draw" me towards the world of Props, a MK 1 Trumpy Swordfish, built OTB with a few enhancements courtesy of Eduard interior and exterior sets and a Resin Bristol Pegasus engine and a little hidden shimming. The kit engine BTW is a beaut in its own right.

I really enjoyed the build and attempted something different in using the transparent half of the fusealge and masking it off for the duration of spraying in an effort to provide a window into that lovely cockpit area.

Good thought but like an idiot I managed to get a little overspray onto the area which had to be cleaned off. Should have Kleered the whole thing first. HOWEVER the rest of the kit went together like dream. with the exception of the rigging which, whilst caled out nice and clearly in the instructions, actually went together hit and miss, mainly due to a couple of oversize PE parts, which by the way are manufactured from the finest Chinese granite.

Hopefully I have done this lovely kit justice. On with the show, excusing the photography.

DSC_0352.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

• 2 weeks later...