P-51D kit-neverending story?

JRutman

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mr. Rutman,

How is the P-51D coming along? I'm just as eager as ever to purchase several, if not more. Are you considering checking out the Tamiya kit, and making whatever updates available, that you feel would be an improvement? Is the P-51B still available, and are separate parts available, to upgrade other manufacturers B models, that are in dire need of help? (Such as Malcolm hoods, interiors, wheel wells, etc.) I still anxiously await your D model, as I feel it's still superior to the Tamiya kit. I'd rather not do all the fill in work around the front cowling panels on a model not being displayed with the engine exposed. Thanks for the update.

Bill P.

Thanks again guys,you are the best. I will finish this someday,I just need a break. On another thread you will find that I will do some parts for the new Tamiya kit and I also am doing some parts for the 1/24 trumpy and airfix P-51 kits so I am still in the "P-51 biz"

Thanks again bros,

J

. . . 'I will do some parts for the new Tamiya kit and I also am doing some parts for the 1/24 trumpy and airfix P-51 kits' . . .

Jerry, I've lost track. Who's going to be do your casting?

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Mark

. . . 'I will do some parts for the new Tamiya kit and I also am doing some parts for the 1/24 trumpy and airfix P-51 kits' . . .

Jerry, I've lost track. Who's going to be do your casting?

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Mark

Tiger Models is doing the P-51 landing gear in 1/24 scale.

Greymatter Figures is doing my FW190D-13 conversion and my P-51 aeroproducts prop in 1/32 and will do more as they get the funds to buy my masters. So it's all good

J

Thanks again guys,you are the best. I will finish this someday,I just need a break. On another thread you will find that I will do some parts for the new Tamiya kit and I also am doing some parts for the 1/24 trumpy and airfix P-51 kits so I am still in the "P-51 biz"

Thanks again bros,

J

That is fantastic news!!! I would love to know when these come out!

I can't believe that this thread has generated over 20,000 hits. It's very humbling guys,thank you so much.

I just looked at some of the build threads concearning the new Tamiya kit on another website. The cockpit is so nice,better than anything in plastic ever done before in any scale. The only room for improvement is with a few details so if you want to be a purist there is always something to add. My point is this kit puts you so far down the road to having a thoroughly detailed kit that if you want to add detail you can go into REALLY nit-picky areas and not have to spend time re-building the whole kit. COOL!

J

nit-picky areas

J

There are plenty of people who will do the nit-picky stuff.

And there will be plenty of aftermarket companies that will do the nit-picky parts for the lazy nit-picky people.

• 3 months later...

Thanks again bros,

J

Greetings.

Where is the thread on the tamiya mustnag and 24th scale parts? I would love to pick them up. Your work is fantastic!!!! Thanks

• 3 months later...