Bf 109T conversions...

Lud13

Hello all

For quite some time i want to build a Bf 109T and soo far i managed to find two conversion sets, one from Alley Cat the other fom Wolfpack.

Both will cost me roughly the same and the review of the Alley Cat set i saw here on LSP.

What bothers me is that Wolfpack set seems to be more simpler to build than the Alley Cat one and since my unexperience with cutting plastic and work with resin i think wolpack is a better solution. On the other hand with Alley Cat u get scriber for uper wing panels and fuel tank not to mention more decal options :wow: B) :BANGHEAD2:

So did any of you used this wolpack set and what is your impressions on it.

Here is the link for wolfpack set on lucky models :

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=WP-D32009

Dejan

well, it's too early for comparison review i guess, as i haven't even seen a T built, let alone compared recently

for me i would go for the Alley Cat version - you get a bit more resin, not just the decals, but that's just my choice

if you were worried about chopping etc there are many on here able to help with advice once you have a more specific set of questions during construction

best of luck

Nick

one thing: if the original depth of the Eduard ailerons is replicated, then sadly that is incorrect, as they are too deep

difficult to remedy in this set i grant you, but something people should bear in mind

nick

one thing: if the original depth of the Eduard ailerons is replicated, then sadly that is incorrect, as they are too deep

difficult to remedy in this set i grant you, but something people should bear in mind

nick

Looking at the pictures look like that none of two adressed the problem with original depth of slats. :bow:

Dejan

Here's a nice little book on the 109T: http://proinor.no/flyhistorie-profilhefter...hmitt-bf-109-t/

A4 Format. 32 pages. Lots of photos and profiles. Camouflage and markings. Text in English. ISBN: 82-92542-02-7

Price: NOK 120 (approx. £13 / $20 at the current rate).

For ordering please contact the publisher at ariltan@online.no

Profiles In Norway accept VISA and Mastercard.

(-: Roy

Although newer books may have more photos, the following is still the definitive reference on the Bf 109 T, as far as I know:

Marshall: 'Sea Eagles: The Messerschmitt Bf 109T' (Air Research Publications [uK], 1993; 322 pages) -- AIRCRAFT TYPES INCLUDED: Bf 109T, Blenheim, Bf 110, Beaufort, Albacore, Ar 96, Hudson, Fortress I, Hampden, Beaufighter, B-17, Fw 190; CUTAWAY DRAWINGS: Bf 109T GM-1 installation (p. 17); MULTI-VIEW DRAWINGS: Bf 109T wing (p. 15); NOTABLE MARKING PHOTOS: White Bf 190T "Black 6" of 11/JG 11 with large red "flame" marking on cowl (p. 258)

It's out of print, but used copies are available from a variety of sources.

Charles Metz

nick

I beleive you mean the SLATS, which are on the front of the wing, versus the AILERONS which are the moving bits on the back of the wing that control roll... :speak_cool:

I beleive you mean the SLATS, which are on the front of the wing, versus the AILERONS which are the moving bits on the back of the wing that control roll... :speak_cool:

just testing you there Doug

you'll be pleased to know you passed!

:speak_cool:

thanks for the correction

Nick

Do not forget this one. AFAIK, it is the best reference for the Bf 109T. You've dozens of wartime pictures, good scale plans of all versions and large colour profiles. If my memory is correct, this is the source that has been used to create the Alleycat conversion.

post-78-1280737721.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok...the quest is over ... :)

Just recived from mail nice little box from Alley Cat with the Tony conversion.

As mentioned above quality at first look is superb.

Now only to finish Prillers 190 and to start with Tony....

Thx for Your help guys :evil_laugh:

Dejan