1/32 Heinkel He 100D

Allok

Ah, bugger Keith! Can you substitute it with something else? Scratch-build it?

Kev

You are, of course, right... but now I have to do it rather than just glue that sucker and move right along.

The good news is that I have nearly finished repairing all the damaged models. Even did a couple of tweaks and rearanged them so they won't fall on each other again.

Thanks boys.

You're getting close to paint it seems.

So true.

Just had a few little spots to tidy up and now it's all masked up ready to go... when I get time.

It would be so nice if we could fix your town the way you fixed your models!

J

Ha ha, thanks Jerry. This may yet happen (though, not by me). There's no doubt that it will look a lot different in the near future. It will still be a beautiful city.

Ha ha, thanks Jerry. This may yet happen (though, not by me). There's no doubt that it will look a lot different in the near future. It will still be a beautiful city.

I always wanted to visit there(and Oz)but peasants like me can only view these places through the internet or movies. Oh well.

J

I always wanted to visit there(and Oz)but peasants like me can only view these places through the internet or movies. Oh well.
J

Hey there Jerry. Luckily, the rest of the country is still just fine so If you ever make it down here to our beautiful little country, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
And if you say at my place, you won't have to pay for accommodation (or beer wink.gif ).
You will probably need to find a copy of this first, though.

So I've reached the painting stage. I've masked out the cockpit and gear bays and I'll start by spraying some RLM 65 (Light Blue) to the underside of the tail wings. At this stage, I hit a bit of a snag. “Another one???†I hear you say. You bet. I'm really struggling to find clear references for the camouflage pattern. My previous assumption that this little plane requires minimal weathering is incorrect. The black and white photos I have show that the paint was weathered so badly in some areas that it masks the demarcation between the greens. The little I have managed to observe has led me to believe that I can pretty much disregard the kit painting instructions. Instead, it appears that the pattern more closely resembles that of a Stuka.
This is a reasonably close example:

2_4.jpg

With the exception of the areas behind the cockpit and around the upper wing crosses, the pattern looks to be about right.

The amount of weathering was a surprise, they look quite battered for an aircraft that has never seen active combat.

The amount of weathering was a surprise, they look quite battered for an aircraft that has never seen active combat.

Could it be Keith, that, since these aircraft were only ever painted up as propaganda stooges, they were painted with the camouflage equivalents of the white distemper paints used in snowy climes?

Kev

Could it be Keith, that, since these aircraft were only ever painted up as propaganda stooges, they were painted with the camouflage equivalents of the white distemper paints used in snowy climes?

Kev

Dunno Mate but they're pretty tatty.

I've been squirting paint on:

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

Some lovely shiny green Gunze Sangyo.

All bandaged up:

47.jpg

44.jpg

I have a real love/hate relationship with masking.

I love when it's finished because I hate doing it.

But it's a necessary evil.