Tamiya F-16 in flight

stusbke

hi guys

I'll make one for russ as well, A Belgian In flight, so all I need to do is get on with the tail conversion and start painting the sucker. Using the Tamiya thunderbird kit it should be a breeze.. :) :speak_cool:

hoping I can turn it in to this one

post-1504-1274172729.jpg

Cheers guys

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

I just had a couple of hours alone time with her :evil_laugh:

Its starting to look like it already. I just love this kit its awesome. I changed the dude in the cockpit to a verlinden figure I had laying around somewhere. As the Belgian demo pilot had less crap hanging on him during demo's and to be honest the detail in the verlinden is off the freaking wall so I hope this makes the figure stand out even more in the otherwise all black cockpit.....the head is from the kit though as I needed the later mask and lightweight helmet...

anyway here's the pictures I took these in a hurry, next ones are going to better promise :)

DSC_7976.jpg

DSC_7979.jpg

The tail conversion I got from PWMP, I know russ did this on one session with just a little styrene plastic but in all honesty I liek to get this one done in a record time, like this year :rolleyes: :deadhorse: so I'm already trying my luck with the resin figure..... :BANGHEAD2:

DSC_7978.jpg

last shot before I call it a day and get back to you tomorrow

DSC_7978.jpg

Cheers guys

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys still going fast with this one, I think I'm about to break some serious personal best records with this build as its going lightning fast :evil_laugh:

anyway I got the pilot somehow all detailed up as i intended to so I can finally start adding colour to the dude. I already shot gloss black for the visor so I can mask it off and add gloss coat once the rest is done.

DSC_7989.jpg

as you can see I added the oxygen hose just to give the pilot the much needed fresh air... :lol:

I'm a huge fan of the tamiya F-16kits as they build up nice clean and fast unless you want to change the block and build it as an MLU. I faired in the tail this is ready to go

DSC_7994.jpg

the tail conversion was needed as the Belgians use the short tail base version, it looks messy but most of that is my fault as I didn't put enough pressure on it while the I glued it with CA :lol: nothing a bit of putty/sanding wasn't able to fix though... the scribing is started as you can see, not much of this will be visible after I'm done adding the stiffners to the back but at least I know its there right??

DSC_7993.jpg

then there's this grill we seem to have instead of the vent on most other F-16's. some styrene strips took care of that rather easy...

DSC_7995.jpg

Till next time with hopefully more colour applied to plastic :lol:

Greetz STB

Frederick Jacobs

Sharp work Frederick :D

Your little dude looks AWESOME!! :BANGHEAD2:

The hose/comms adds so much depth and realism but the thing that blows me away is the visor. Superb gloss on that bad boy, looks tremendous. Good job bro'

:piliot: