BSG 1/32 scale Viper

spacewolf

I've been toying with a thought sense Russ left us. He was alive, just starting to have problems when I started this kit, I hope he saw the start of it, and I so much missed his special input to the build. You can be sure he'd have said something.... Now Russ being who and what he was I'm sure he's agree that planes and ships are targets for graffiti and zappers (no matter how short lived) so I decided to put my tribute to his memory on this model. The letters were cobbled together from old decal sheets.

Here's to you Russ.... we miss you.

post-2514-1274591193.jpg

Done ! Very light weathering, drybrushed with MM flat black. Wingtip lights in Tamiya red and wing tip wires in oily steel. Thanks for the comments and on to the RussVille Group Build.

post-2514-1274594262.jpg

post-2514-1274594277.jpg

post-2514-1274594293.jpg

Bravo Vaugh, bravo! I love this build, and you've done an excellent job. It looks fantastic! A very nice touch with your tribute to Russ, too.

Kev

Thanks Kev, glad you enjoyed.

:evil_laugh: another one comes over to the Dark Side !!!....post-2514-1274583714.jpg

Hehe, I have been part of the Dark Side for a while now, with about 70 scifi kits in the stash! Have received rewards for my Klingon D7 and Snow Speeder, including a 1st at IPMS Nats. Have a Tholian Web Spinner under construction. I like doing scifi every once in a while as, especially Star Trek ships, it is all about the painting as typically there is far less parts than a typical AFV or aircraft kit. So makes for a refreshing change.

Oh, and I ordered my BSG Viper II last night! :speak_cool:

Love the glamour shots; yours sure turned out well!!!

Hehe, I have been part of the Dark Side for a while now, with about 70 scifi kits in the stash! Have received rewards for my Klingon D7 and Snow Speeder, including a 1st at IPMS Nats. Have a Tholian Web Spinner under construction. I like doing scifi every once in a while as, especially Star Trek ships, it is all about the painting as typically there is far less parts than a typical AFV or aircraft kit. So makes for a refreshing change.

Oh, and I ordered my BSG Viper II last night! :speak_cool:

Love the glamour shots; yours sure turned out well!!!

Very cool. 70 Si-Fi kits stashed ?!! Holy Warp engines Scotty ! Congrats on the Nats win. Yes Trek is more about painting...till you meet a 'Trek head' who is talking about how the kit and scale is wrong because there is no way you can have so many deck in a particular area because the hull just isn't deep enough.....

Glad you got a Viper on order, the more BSG kits Moebius sells the more BSG kits there will be ! :evil_laugh: Check out the photo etch set, the cockpit parts look awesome.

Thanks. My camera is old but does the job for the most part. I can't change the color settings/gray scale so the reds tend to come out more orange and it needs a lot of light to get sharp definition, soft light gives me fuzzy pictures but these came out pretty good. Glad you like.

Cheers

Vaughn

Excellent work Vaughn!

It turned out looking very much the "part".

Barry

Thanks Barry, it does 'look the part'... it helps that it's a pretty ship (the shape is so much sexier than the original) and the white/red dresses her up nice. I couldn't bring myself to dirty her up too much.

Cheers

Vaughn

LSP Ray was wondering what the old viper and new would look like side by side... I said like putting a Volvo beside a Jag.... here are a few shots from my long time friend Bill E.'s build

post-2514-1274729201.jpg