New project-P-38E cockpit in Revell kit

JRutman

Jerry, do you have any plans on making the turbo chargers for either late or early birds?? ...Harv :evil_laugh:

Harv,

I am making new turbos for the older version but some of the details will be missing as they are better done in brass. As I am making this kit just for me I will be making my own brass parts. Having said that,the brass parts would not be missed by the usual modler as they are tiny little fiddly bits. So the main part of the turbos will be available,yes.

Hope that made sense.

Thanks for the kind words guys. This is an enjoyable project for me.

Geoff,give me a call as I have not remembered your number again,

J

Got more done on the second boom and the new turbo is done as well as the conversion piece for the boom top. You can see the old revell turbo and the new one to show the difference along side the pic of the real deal. Got the air dam on there now as well. Enjoy,

002-16.jpg

001-26.jpg

Jerry,

A huge improvement to say the least! :thumbsup:

really is comming together now..Cant wait to see it finished.. I know you have lots of details to go, but you seem to be knocking them out in short order.

keep it up,

Paul

:)

Jerry,

A huge improvement to say the least! :)

really is comming together now..Cant wait to see it finished.. I know you have lots of details to go, but you seem to be knocking them out in short order.

keep it up,

Paul

:doh:

Thanks for looking in Paul!!

I now have all of the exterior stuff done for the P-38 backdate set except the inner parts of the radiator scoops. I will have to make different parts for use on the trumpy kit. Or maybe not??

J

Hi Jerry,

Love the work you are doing so far. It is going to be fantastic when finished, as no one will really have a clue as to its origins by the time you have finished with it! Compared to making patterns all of the time, this project must be a real blast for you?

Cheers

Derek

Is that top piece, the panel over the turbo, made of resin? I was trying to figure out how you made those curved pieces. Those are some complex shapes.

I assume you are talking about the little fairings? They were made from plastic tube,cut at an angle and sanded carefully. I see from my pics that the front one needs to be angled a little more backwards in the front. Easy fix though. Thanks for looking in!

J

Hi Jerry,

Love the work you are doing so far. It is going to be fantastic when finished, as no one will really have a clue as to its origins by the time you have finished with it! Compared to making patterns all of the time, this project must be a real blast for you?

Cheers

Derek

It is a blast,thankee Derek,

There is a lot less pressure when working on something for yourself,as I am sure that you know! I did manage to make the conversion exterior parts in a way that can be used for master patterns though. I figured that I may as well update my backdate set while I was at it.

The cockpit is a different story though!! LOL

I was wondering if you are still going to do the 1/32 P-61?

J

It is a blast,thankee Derek,

There is a lot less pressure when working on something for yourself,as I am sure that you know! I did manage to make the conversion exterior parts in a way that can be used for master patterns though. I figured that I may as well update my backdate set while I was at it.

The cockpit is a different story though!! LOL

I was wondering if you are still going to do the 1/32 P-61?

J

'Update backdate'...I like that Jerry :lol:

Yes, I am indeed going to make a 1/32 P-61 Black Widow. I am at a cross roads with that one at present, so I cannot say too much about it until I know what direction I shall take - but things are definately planned :D

Cheers

Derek

'Update backdate'...I like that Jerry :lol:

Yes, I am indeed going to make a 1/32 P-61 Black Widow. I am at a cross roads with that one at present, so I cannot say too much about it until I know what direction I shall take - but things are definately planned :D

Cheers

Derek

Alrighty then,

I am also at a cross roads about what full kit to attempt next. In fact,there is no crossroads as I have no clue about what to do next or even if there is going to be a "next".

J

Alrighty then,

I am also at a cross roads about what full kit to attempt next. In fact,there is no crossroads as I have no clue about what to do next or even if there is going to be a "next".

J

I know what you mean Jerry - It is very difficult to come up with something popular without someone else (or several concerns) producing it in plastic before you even have chance start or finish the patterns! (which leaves you with the little known types that may, or may not sell?).

I don't know - modeller's interests in certain aircraft types seem to wax and wain quite a bit. I think that conversion kits are still a popular route to take (there are still a number of two seat fighter types crying out for such things)...Just my thoughts...(maybe we can discuss this further off topic?).

In the meantime, your P-38 is looking real good (I definately need to make a P-38M at some future point in time, just to keep my P-61 company :lol:).

Cheers

Derek

I know what you mean Jerry - It is very difficult to come up with something popular without someone else (or several concerns) producing it in plastic before you even have chance start or finish the patterns! (which leaves you with the little known types that may, or may not sell?).

I don't know - modeller's interests in certain aircraft types seem to wax and wain quite a bit. I think that conversion kits are still a popular route to take (there are still a number of two seat fighter types crying out for such things)...Just my thoughts...(maybe we can discuss this further off topic?).

In the meantime, your P-38 is looking real good (I definately need to make a P-38M at some future point in time, just to keep my P-61 company :lol:).

Cheers

Derek

Always glad to talk with you. My e-mail is jrutman53@yahoo.com or my phone is on my website at jrutman.com Thanks for looking in again buddy!

J