Eduard

Spit88

Anyone ever order direct from Eduard? Just wondering how long the order takes and if it is worth it. I live in Canada and none of my LHS carry or will order in Eduard PE and masks. And Squadron and other places on line in the U.S. are always out of stock of what I need.

Anyone ever order direct from Eduard? Just wondering how long the order takes and if it is worth it. I live in Canada and none of my LHS carry or will order in Eduard PE and masks. And Squadron and other places on line in the U.S. are always out of stock of what I need.

I ordered from them once. The service from Eduard was fine but the shipping charges were murder!! I think the freight was more than the product! Sprue Brothers keeps a pretty healthy inventory of Eduard and re-stocks frequently.

So when you get to the check out they do indicate the shipping charges? Wonder if there is any other charges at the border/customs on top of that?

It's possible, but only at your borders. Any tariffs/import fees/VAT or whatever might get tacked on by your Government. And yes, you have to plug-in all of your address info at the point of checkout before their site calculates the shipping charge.

Ditto on the murderous shipping charges.. I ordered the Big Ed set for the P-38 and shipping charges to the USA was almost as much as the set!! I have had my local hobby shop order from them for me and it only cost me about $10 more than the price listed on the Eduard site.. I think if they're a dealer there's some kind of huge price break or something. If you have a local hobby shop, see what they can do for you.. It was actually cheaper for me to get if from my local shop than it was off any of the "big" stores online after they added they're $8 UPS charges.. plus it helps keeping my local "dealer" in bidness!

In thier Defense Overseas Shipping is MURDERlously HIGH these days I have notice myself ordering wholeslae items and shipping persoanl itmes to Europe and Austraila.

ED like Squadron only list what they have in stock and are very fast shippers. They tend to pick the quickest method and that ussualy is one of the highest costs. GOsh forbid your in a VAT TAX and Customs heavy Fee country.

Iam a small vendor, a trader really distributing WWI Acrylic Colors form Italy. My Modeling intrests while primarly WWI are all over the MAP and I have MORE of A HUGE unbilt kit stach than I like to think about. Add to that a case of AMS and I have a never ending need for AM PE & Resin.

If no one's ever heard of it I have run several Co-Op orders before. COllectively putting together as many as who will come to put their individual orders together to palce an wholeslae order. There by not only receiveing a discount but also sharing the overseas shipping midigating its impact.

I have opened a new CO-Op for ALL of Ed's products for the ver reason there a brand new set of Frets for the Swordfish I need and cant afford the Wholesale order on my own. I have to order a few other itmes for my site at the same time SO as a modeler myself Ive opened it up to as many as would liek to join.

FOr those overseas I only ship person to person so I do nto have to fill out an importers customs form but rather a simple declartion of the contents which I always value secound hand as they have already changed hands from ED to me first.

ANyone interested now let me know ASAP.

Yours Mike

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28075

But it is the same here in Germany. Czech and Germany are neighbors and both in EU, but shipping costs are very, very high too. 40 USD when I tried to order, just for some PE?! Heck, it is even much chaeper to order them from Hongkong, if I cannot get them in time in Germany.

In defence of Eduard - it is a problem of Czech mail service fee you will face also when ordering direct from other Czech companies.

Regards - dutik

In thier Defense Overseas Shipping is MURDERlously HIGH these days I have notice myself ordering wholeslae items and shipping persoanl itmes to Europe and Austraila.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I assumed that there was something going on with shipping from Czech that made these costs so high, but still. Sheesh!

The p&p cost is a scandal, even within the EU!!! :post1:

Do not tell me it is expensive to send photoetched sets to foreign countries! Just look as the p&p prices asked for RB sets if you want to compare....

Czech postal rates are not cheap but do not justify such prices. I ordered two books from AJ-press some months ago (quite heavy ones) and paid the same price I'd have paid for an Eduard big set... Go figure!

Created an order on Eduard's website to confirm shipping charges to Canada. If I order over $150 it is FREE shipping. That is not bad as I need about $180 worth of PE and Masks. Not sure what other charges could be tacked on a the border/customs but sounds pretty good.

ED like Squadron only list what they have in stock and are very fast shippers. They tend to pick the quickest method and that ussualy is one of the highest costs. GOsh forbid your in a VAT TAX and Customs heavy Fee country.

Iam a small vendor, a trader really distributing WWI Acrylic Colors form Italy. My Modeling intrests while primarly WWI are all over the MAP and I have MORE of A HUGE unbilt kit stach than I like to think about. Add to that a case of AMS and I have a never ending need for AM PE & Resin.

If no one's ever heard of it I have run several Co-Op orders before. COllectively putting together as many as who will come to put their individual orders together to palce an wholeslae order. There by not only receiveing a discount but also sharing the overseas shipping midigating its impact.

I have opened a new CO-Op for ALL of Ed's products for the ver reason there a brand new set of Frets for the Swordfish I need and cant afford the Wholesale order on my own. I have to order a few other itmes for my site at the same time SO as a modeler myself Ive opened it up to as many as would liek to join.

FOr those overseas I only ship person to person so I do nto have to fill out an importers customs form but rather a simple declartion of the contents which I always value secound hand as they have already changed hands from ED to me first.

ANyone interested now let me know ASAP.

Yours Mike

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=28075

Hi Mike,

Glad to see you doing a Co-Op order again! If anyone hasn't gotten in on these, its a good way to save some hard earned bucks. I picked up a bunch of p/e last time and have a Siemans in bound from Mike. I saved enough to pay for the next Wingnuts release :piliot:

HTH, Sandy