BF-110 G-4

ruzlkampf

Roughed out my radar suite. It still has a few small bits that I'll install after fixing the in place.

post-4413-1266412558.jpg

And re-did the armor glass in front of the canopy. 'G's had a thicker pane with a different attachment method. Oh yeah, got the pilot armor afixed to the fuse sides also. Next progress pics will be of the start of the paint-job! Yippeeeee! I'm off,.....talk to ya'll later! Russ

post-4413-1266412736.jpg

Get outta the way, Russ is barging on thru! Actually got the paint job started tonight, which is a good thing since I just noticed this GB ends in mid-March....not the end of the month. :thumbsup: Guess I'd better finish this monster off now and quit piddling with it? Heh heh.

Thanks for following along Kevin. Can't believe I've stretched this project out for so long, but it's the last 110 I'm planning to do in this lifetime and I want to get it semi-correct....for once. Meh, my latest excuse has been completing taxes early this year, and I've been distracted. Yeah, yeah that's it.....distracted. :wicked:

Yep Matt, I only carved half my thumb off whittling on that tail wheel. That's OK, it's only flesh.....it'll grow back. Eventually. Heck, at least I finally figured out what I'm going to paint this as. I really need to start doing that BEFORE I start.

But I digress; speaking of starting....I mentioned beginning the paint job. According to my cipherings and guesstimations this scheme will take me about 3 days with all the flubbing around I plan to do with it. Also started on the decals tonight whilst things were drying. Before I get to that, I forgot to show another 'G' mod last update that I want to include here. A reverse scoop under the nose that vents the MG151s in the underside.

post-4413-1266498431.jpg

Yeah, I know....whup-dee-dooo Russ. :wicked: Hey, but it's PROGRESS! Whoohoo! Here's a shot of my svelte pre-shading hack job. Liberally applied of course for the 'correct depth'. Yeah, right. heh heh. :thumbsup: Also got the props, flame dampers, and other assorted widgets slathered with some pigmentation while I was recklessly spraying assorted colors. I'm on a mission to complete this thing sometime this coming week,....and I can't be distracted.

post-4413-1266498950.jpg

I know everybody wants to see how I could possibly get more pre-shading on the underside than the top? I managed to accomplish the impossible and pull it off. :thumbsup: I'm actually going for an 'effect' that I just can't quite define. Slightly blotched, with just a touch of randomness. Some would call it 'sloppy'.

post-4413-1266499559.jpg

Here's my first attempt at 'visualizing' what this will turn out as. I've re-marked this profile as G9+AM to get an idea of how to size my decals and how much 'splotching' I'll be putting on it. Diffeent references show Oblt. Thun to have 5,7 and he claimed 10 kills. I'll roll a dice to see how many kill markings will be on the tail. Very scientific and exacting modeler that I am. As there are no known pics of this AC, I'm going on sheer conjecture for the scheme. The codes I know are correct. Tomorrow I should have this pre-shading job pretty much wiped out with 3 different shades of RLM76ish colors, and be ready for the 'splotch-job'. I'm really looking forward to that.....lotsa fun. :thumbsup: . More progress pics then, eh?! Later all, Russ

post-4413-1266500116.jpg

Bwhahaha! :lol: Those scans were actually a LOT of help Johan! It was getting to where I couldn't see the forest cuz all the trees were in the way. Seeing that email reminded me that book had color profiles in the back that I had completely forgotten about......I was just using it as a reference for walk-around pics. Thanks for taking the time to send those buddy, much appreciated! :post1: Couldn't have got this far without all the help from my buddies and fellow forum members. (I just ignore the hecklers and 'kibitzers' like Big Matt,....geesh, what a pest. :) )

Thanks for following along everybody, I'm rounding 3rd base and getting ready to slide home on this pile of putty. Got an initial spray of my darkest light blue to cover up my incredibly botched pre-shade job tonight. Two more lighter shades get misted over this in addition to the RLM74 gekko-blotching. That's tomorrow night. Whoopeee! Just have enough time tonight to show the latest before I scram. Pre-shading is still a mite heavy right now, but as mentioned it gets gone over a few more times to blend it in. Mocked everything up for a walk-around, so on with the show!

Guess I'll start with a frontal view;

post-4413-1266585831.jpg

Let me slide over and get a closer look at those engine nacelles now;

post-4413-1266585885.jpg

I'm just going to ramble on while I throw more pics out in no particular order, OK? Wanted to show a profile of the rudders. That rear canopy is still my original mockup that has the bubble 2mm too far back. I've refined the master and will pull another for the final.

post-4413-1266586101.jpg

Different view of the engine nacelles with my resin spinners and props painted finally.

post-4413-1266586213.jpg

Moving around to the rear to see if my upward firing cannons came out the right height/angle. Ooooooh, I can't wait to get some splotching on this thing! :post1:

post-4413-1266586328.jpg

Scrunched down to get a crappy pic of my new tail-wheel. Way bigger than the earlier versions.

post-4413-1266586419.jpg