OEFFAG Albatros DIII, Austrian LFT, 1917

blackbetty

thanx for the kind words matt, rocky, gregory and kevin! i didnt want to do a 253 in the first place, because i didnt want to vacform a new nose :) , maybe in the future, with a detailed engine

speaking of the engine, i worked out the cutouts for the exhaust pipes and drilled the holes for the pipes that route the water to the cooler (the real thing used pure rainwater for cooling)

post-2020-1265194822.jpg

i am much happier with the gundoors now, but unfortunatley the tape i used to hold the fuselage together until the glue dried pulled off large areas of the primer :) and left a lot of uneven surface. combined with the bad fit this will result in lots of sanding

tell me what you think

post-2020-1265195233.jpg

Karl,

That tape and primer mishap really draws a vacuum.No doubt you'll get her in ship shape again though.Always liked the looks of those 153 and 253 series.You mentioned the rounded nose on the 253's that would be difficult to pull off,I'm not sure how it would be easily done,but it's doable.Excellent project to date glad you're doing this conversion.Lots of great tips for future use.

Highest Regards,

Greory Jouette :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanx for the kind wordes, gregory!

this damn fuselage is wrestling me all the time

after studying more photos, i found something out about panel lines on this bird: its got none. only around the metal panels adjacent to the engine.

so this menat two things: my gundoors are too long and wide <_< so i cut them off again, with all the following mess. version 3.0 of them will be seen in this theater soon :rolleyes:

post-2020-1265292624.jpg

thanx texas and tim for the kind words

i have still done a lot of putty/sanding on the fuselage. the not-so-great fit and my modifications left me with quite a rough piece. add the ever getting better photos of the replica i´ve been getting ("hey koloman, could you send me a pic of....") i have reconstructed some things

post-2020-1265790469.jpg