Airfix 1/24th ME109E

trenchard

Hi all

I've always had a thing for this kit. I've not seen many builds of this one so I thought it's a perfect way to break my duck!

I've ordered a fret from Fred @ Fotocut for the cockpit and some other areas

Thanks to Radub for his advice on the Slats

I'm now going to speak to Hobbydecal for some stencils - Any opinions on them before ordering would be most helpful!!

I'm also looking at the Montex masks - again any advice would be great.

Robert

post-353-1244647890.jpg

I've undercoat the engine - Im still looking for a decent ref on the cableing from the firewall to the engine bay but I think I'll work with what I have. The preparation work will be enjoyable - Not sure about what to do with the exhausts yet

Robert

post-353-1244648873.jpg

I just had to find out whether 'breaking one's duck' was a good thing....

Linky. :lol:

It's a cricket term Dave. To score a duck in cricket, is to be out without scoring. To 'break your duck' is to score your first run, thereby avoiding the ignominy of scoring 'a duck'. It can be used interchangeably with the notion of 'breaking your cherry' (which I'll let someone else explain...).

Kev

Hi All

Fiddled around with the engine a bit more - nearly where I want it to be

I've been flitting from one item to the other and a few (no a lot!!) of queries have popped into my head re this buid..

The cabling for the engine - Is it all metallic? Is the cables mounted on the engine supports the same colour?

(the reason I ask is that I thought elecrical wiring was yellow with O2 being blue)

FLAPS

I've some photos of these and I#m stumped how these operate with the underwing rads

As for the wheel wells..............................................

BTW the colour scheme is RLM02/71/65

I'm going with the techmod decals (If I can find a british supplier)

Have a good one!

R

post-353-1244820299.jpg

Hi All

Fiddled around with the engine a bit more - nearly where I want it to be

I've been flitting from one item to the other and a few (no a lot!!) of queries have popped into my head re this buid..

The cabling for the engine - Is it all metallic? Is the cables mounted on the engine supports the same colour?

(the reason I ask is that I thought elecrical wiring was yellow with O2 being blue)

FLAPS

I've some photos of these and I#m stumped how these operate with the underwing rads

As for the wheel wells..............................................

BTW the colour scheme is RLM02/71/65

I'm going with the techmod decals (If I can find a british supplier)

Have a good one!

R

Have you tried Hannants for the Techmod decals, they do stock thier range, at least some of them, http://www.hannants.co.uk

nice start

regards gk

It's a cricket term Dave. To score a duck in cricket, is to be out without scoring. To 'break your duck' is to score your first run, thereby avoiding the ignominy of scoring 'a duck'. It can be used interchangeably with the notion of 'breaking your cherry' (which I'll let someone else explain...).

Kev

i believe it's loosing your cherry, and i won't go there either

gk

Hi all

I'm now going to speak to Hobbydecal for some stencils - Any opinions on them before ordering would be most helpful!!

Robert

Hello Robert,

I hope you enjoy your build. I built an Airfix 1/24th scale -109 as a lad and liked it at the time.

For what it's worth, I've just used the Hobbydecals dry transfers for the stencilling on my recent Tamiya 1/32nd scale F-16 build and thought they were brilliant. :blink:

If I could get all of the markings for my builds as dry transfers I would.

HTH

Cheers,

:blink:

Hello Robert,

The larger markings, crosses, swastikas, etc., can be hard to apply without shifting and tearing. You have to make sure the backing sheet doesn't move while working the transfer with the proper tool.

You're doing nice work so far on the E. Be sure to dry fit everything before glueing it up. When I built one of these years ago there were fit problems with the engine cowl and canopy pieces in particular that I remember.

Hi Robert,

You're off to a good start. The main problems are the canpoy. the engine cover and the wheelbays, which aren't there. Build this one some time ago

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...=18458&st=0

I hope it might help you a little bit.

About the markings, spray them. Masks are easily made or use Montex, they are really good. Hobbydecals are also good too use for the stencils, they are very good also. Hope too see more of this one soon.

Rick.