Czech Model 1/32 F-80C

larrysammy

Just got the March Squadron flyer and behold!!!! Another new 1/32 scale kit!!!! This one took me by suprise as I had not heard a peep about it. This is truly the golden age of Large Scale Modeling!!!!

What is the price??

Sprue Brothers' pre-order price is US$67.99.

Charles Metz

Hi Charles,

The advantave of buying the F-80-C from Squadron at $72 over Sprue Bors $68 is if you go over $100 total the shipping is free. Which more than offsets the difference in price of a mere $4.

Also, that March Squadron flyer has a lot of 1/32 kits on sale for really low prices so it is easy tp buy another kit to go along with F-80-C and make the $100 minimum purchase for free shipping and then its a really good deal.

I am contemplating my purchase now.

Sure beats comtemplating my navel, which is filled up with old glue and odd bits of models.

No matter from whom one buys the kit, it is great to see the 1/32 model of the F-80-C available at long last.

Stephen

Hi Charles,

The advantave of buying the F-80-C from Squadron at $72 over Sprue Bors $68 is if you go over $100 total the shipping is free. Which more than offsets the difference in price of a mere $4.

So you'd spend an extra $28 in an attempt to nullify a $4 saving?

;)

Kev

;)

Kev

I think sculptor is capable of basic math, he is just saying if you were going to spend more money, you would save more going with squadron due to the shipping policy. It also depends on how much sb charges to ship? Would it be 28 bucks... i would think not but who knows.

;)

Kev

Of course, when I can get another kit I always wanted at a low sale price. There are lots of kits I dont have and it is fun to pick up one of them to make the deal at Squadron.

However, with finances the way they are at this moment I may not buy anything for a while.

I have to make some more money before I'll spend some on something as frivolous as a hobby. :P

Stephen

Yep i am hip with that , i know bout the velvet divorce an all that, thats why i am going to Bratislava and not Prague.

Seriously all jokes aside does anyone know any hobby shops there? i think maybe This and Eduard may be cheaper there , according to my girlfriend anyways :rolleyes: .

SLOVAK REPUBLIC

BRATISLAVA

JR Line modelar Spitalska 53

800 00 Bratislava

(located in passage) Mon-Fri 10-18, Sat 9-13

Omega M Mudrochova 5

800 00 Bratislava - Raca Mo, Th, Fr : 17-19

Sa : 15-19

Found 2 but if anyone has any more inside knowledge?

Ads

I'm afraid you're going to the wrong country then. Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia. And don't make the mistake of calling them Czechs. They don't like it. Nor vice-versa.

:blink:

J

Keeping up with some of these ex-Iron Curtain countries is like keeping up with the banks in the USA.

Every few years the US banks start a feeding frenzy where they proceed to buy one another as fast as they can.

I have an account in one bank that is changing its name for the founth time. Another bank changed its name three times and now it just bought another bank that I have an account with.

These banks do not put their names up on the side of the buildings with permanent signs anymore, they just use large window shades with their new name painted on it in water color. Its is less expensive that way than having to take down and put up expensive permanent metal signs. :rolleyes:

Stephen