Revell Ju 88C-2

blackbetty

trial assembly from the other side, the cowl has to be fitted to the fuselage now

this form only existed on the C2, all other versions that had the gondola had a ltlle extended chute that gave the nose of the nightfighters its distinctive shape

i think it was added because the half-moon shaped opening wasnt big enough to expend all shells of the four guns at the same time

tell me what you think

karl

post-2020-1245923503.jpg

looking good :)

now about the window. it has a hatch on the inside to cover it.. but still the window is a small mystery to me, as the front part ( where the lotfe come down and the area that collects the shell on the C2 is closed of from the front on all 88`s just like you made the wall between..i made the same on my. on the original its made of wood just like the floors.

but nobody can see thru this window except the bottom gunner..but that means he has to turn around ..lay down on his belly and creep up front and peer down ( after opeing the hatch first..i will take some pics of the original so you see what i mean ;)

but great work pal and its nice to see that you vacumformed your own part ;)

thanx guttorm for the info, i would love to see a pic of the hatch

i always had the impression that the bombardier could look through this window from above :blink:

it doesnt serve any purpose on the C variants anyway, but R4+KL seems to have had it

Looking good. Nice recovery from removing the armour in front of windscreen - looks well tidied up.

I think the slightly 'loose' looking fit of the cowl is good - its sheet metal after all and probably got bashed around in use (not to mention having loads of mg and cannon shells rattling around in it!).

Really looking forward to seeing this in paint.

Matt

a pic would be cool, thanx guttorm. i havent closed up the gondola yet, so i my be able to replicate it

and thanx matt for the comments

progress is slow: fun with tamiya tape :lol:

i choose this over the previously used plotted masks due to it not taking so long as scanning/photoshopping/drawing/cutting

post-2020-1246270606.jpg

for the part that closes the gap between the fuselage and the canopy i found it necessary to add some .5mm sheet to lift it up a bit and have a nice flush fit

anyone els experienced that? maybe its my crammed cockpit that is the reason for that ;)

post-2020-1246535033.jpg