Revell Ju 88C-2

blackbetty

sideview with the nose in place

the window isnt very clean, mostly from the inside

but it cant be cleaned very easily on the real thing too, not serving any purpose it was deleted on later models and i think this shows why

post-2020-1246610410.jpg

had to take a break from sanding, so i did the decals next

as before using photoshop and illustrator to vectorize the graphics

this model will have only very few decals: the kill marks on both sides of the fin, the "englandblitz" badge beneath both sides of the canopy and the crosses on top of the wings. for the crosses i will use the kit decals. for the "K"s on the sides of the fuselage i will cut masks and airbrush them since they are grey and i cant print them. are these RLM 66 or maybe 02? any help appreciated

post-2020-1246960763.jpg

just a test (the falcon is pointing the wrong way, this is the port side decal on the starboard side)

nearly no two badges are the same on ths reference pics, thes seem to get smaller the later the pic is taken. they also have subtle differences. the early ones also seemed to have a red outline

back to sanding :ph34r:

post-2020-1246961073.jpg

good eye, thanx al, now that you say it....

i didnt print yet, so i just have to mirror the graphics

i didnt follow my own advice and used a drawing :lol: for reference when doing the killmarks

against my first plan to do a mask for the "K"s i printed them too, they seem to have a white border, so i can print on white decal film and get the grey correct (found out it suppoded to be RLM 77)

good eye, thanx al, now that you say it....

i didnt print yet, so i just have to mirror the graphics

i didnt follow my own advice and used a drawing :ph34r: for reference when doing the killmarks

against my first plan to do a mask for the "K"s i printed them too, they seem to have a white border, so i can print on white decal film and get the grey correct (found out it suppoded to be RLM 77)

You're quite welcomed.. You're doing great work, looks really nice.

-Al

thanx for all the support, guys!

since i found a pic of a nightfighter having these, i started to make up some curtains for the canopy:

little pieces of tamiya tape rolled and tied together with some thin wire out of a telephone cable

post-2020-1247212778.jpg