Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

and once more..this is a repost.. do NOT forget to add the missing fairing between the two windows on each side on the Ju 88.. this is easily done with some maskingtape.. this is missing on the kit.. it was in the original drawings made for revell and the modellfirm that makes the kit but somehow this detail was lost in the process

its the fairing that i made a yellow circle around :blink:

GF

post-5311-1231286572.jpg

Hello Guttorm,

please have my greatest respect and thank for providing us with all this enormous information! The Revell kit is maybe the best plastic kit i ever had in my hands since i started modelling around 40 years ago, and with your support even this kit gets beyond all borders!

Thank you very much!!

Thomas

thanks for the kind words. i have noticed that some guys complain about the missing rivets on the Ju 88 kit..i can tell you one thing..we have even had the SAS Airline group with sheet metal guys over at our hangar to study the german riveting as they are not visible under the paint. the rivets are done so nice that one can not see them or feel them..and the way it was riveted is a mystery to all proffesional sheetmetalworkers that sees them.. nobody can figure out how they did it so god and so smooth

the best guys in SAS that has done sheetmetalwork for 30 years cant even reproduce such accurat riveting..one layer of primer and the are vanished. the only "rivets" that are visible on the kit are where the germans used steelscrews and not rivets ! so those are not rivets but screws

<_<

Guest Hunter

Great thread with lots of reference material, thanks :blink:

Quick question and if I can borrow this pic ...

post-5311-1226429878.jpg

Those stanchions or beams in front of the pilot seat that support the rudder pedals, in the kit they seem to be solid but seem to represent where holes should be, possibly to save weight? same as for beams behind the pilots seat.

Can you confirm if they were solid or not, might be an idea to drill these out once I get mine if this is the case, can imagine some after market PE in the future for this if its constructed the way I think it is?

Should have my kit next week :)

Cheers.

Great thread with lots of reference material, thanks ;)

Quick question and if I can borrow this pic ...

post-5311-1226429878.jpg

Those stanchions or beams in front of the pilot seat that support the rudder pedals, in the kit they seem to be solid but seem to represent where holes should be, possibly to save weight? same as for beams behind the pilots seat.

Can you confirm if they were solid or not, might be an idea to drill these out once I get mine if this is the case, can imagine some after market PE in the future for this if its constructed the way I think it is?

Should have my kit next week :P

Cheers.

I did have a look In 1 of my books and the round holes are open.

Groeten johan