Big Jug

Ted Taylor

Wow, Ted, looks great!!!

What were your impressions of the build?

It was an easy build but the instruction sheets had a few glitches with parts wrongly quoted but a little attention should get you by, the manufacturer is aware of the problems I found and is sorting them.

Ted

I forgot to ask, is that an electric motor that's powering the prop? If so did it come with the kit or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself, what was the technique you used to get it installed? Thanks in advance. It's a really fantastic job.

I forgot to ask, is that an electric motor that's powering the prop? If so did it come with the kit or did you do it yourself? If you did it yourself, what was the technique you used to get it installed? Thanks in advance. It's a really fantastic job.

the prop shaft supplied has no solid "bearing" in the housing so I placed a length of aluminum tubing in the housing the placed a smaller diameter length in the prop hub and slid it inside the larger tube.

There is no motor in the model ,I just flicked the prop just before the camera took the shot, nothing fancy at all just lucky I think.

regards

Ted

You fooled me, Ted. :P I had something similar happen when I took some pics years ago. I was photographing outside and the wind made the prop spin. It looked like the engine was just starting up. Too bad though, way back then we didn't have an internet and a great site like this to show our stuff. Thanks again for the info.