Monogram Visible Mustang

CPNGROATS

It's time I build my 2nd Visible Mustang..the first was built in the early 1960's and has long since been in the big dumpster in the sky...I got a re-issue copy a number of years ago for nostalgia purposes and it's been in the stash ever since...

Pics of box and contents to follow...

Cheers and Happy New Year's..!!!

ggc

Dear Allok: That's me a little odd.. ;) Actually this kit is more properly called the Phantom Mustang. It took some time digging this one out of the stash earlier tonight...quite a bit of operating features, operating prop, landing gear (main and tail), and can drop two 500lb bombs. Sliding canopy, pilot figure, and the reissue I have from 1995 has WWII decals. Two electric motors and quite a bite of wiring, cams, and gears..!! Did I really put this togeather when I was 12 years old. Memory sez yes and all of the operating features worked as well...wow...that's cool... <_< The challenge will be in the painting as the GB rules allow no additional parts....

Why...will be a thing of beauty..!! Mate..!!

Time fer another pint as the new year approaches on the east coast of the USA....about 12 minutes now...

Happey New Year and Happy modeling in 2008...coul be the best year yet...!! :rolleyes:

Cheers,

ggc

I've been really enjoying everything you've done lately. This one will surely be a winner as well!

I remember that kit too but I could never afford it back then. It was one I drooled over at the store....

The challenge will be in the painting as the GB rules allow no additional parts....

ggc

Its 6 anna half hours into the new year and I am searching for the package of decal paper I got last year. If I don't find it by the end of the day I'll order another on line.

Gotta get dem decals out to yez.

First question of the new year....

What are GB rules?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gents: Here is a pic of the Phantom Mustang box art. Later I will post selected instruction pages, parts trees, and a Monogram flyer kit insert from 1974 showing the LSP planes in the Monogram catalog in 1974.The Phamtom Mustange is there but with post WWII decals. Also the 1/24 Huey helo. The model I'm building was reissued in 1995. I'm looking forward to putting this one togeather with some additional detail painting and the working features will certainly be a walk down memory lane.. I'm hoping to get started on this before the month is over...

Cheers,

ggc

P6040001PMustangboxart.jpg

Yes, this kit IS a trip down memory lane, there will be alot of good build time on this one... also, I've included a pic of the 1974 Monogram kit insert showing their 1/32 model kits...a simplified P-51D was available at that time in silver plastic w/o the interior parts...the decaks were post WWII USAF markings....the Grumman Bi-Planes were cool also....unfortunately the ol cpn traded away his copies of them years ago :)

Cheers,

ggc

P6040010PMustanginstpage2.jpg

P6040011PMustanginstpage3.jpg

P6040007.jpg