1/32 Dusz Fasteners.

tourist

Man, you guys get into smaller and smaller details, don't you?

Well its your hobby and you enjoy it as you like.

Personally, for something that small I would make a branding iron of thin wire and then actually use it as a branding iron. Practice heating it up a bit and pressing it into scrap plastic just to see how much heat and pressure it takes to get the effect you want.

No, I haven't been seeing too many cowboy movies. A red-booded true American can never see too many cowboy movies.

As 'Gabby' Hayes used to say, "yer durn tootin" ya "young whipper snapper".

The Old Geezer.

P.S. Over the years there were a number of Dzus fasteners of different designs. Some looked like standard slotted head screws. Exactly what do the ones you have in mind look like?

Here is a site that shows the many types available.

http://www.southco.com/landingpages/dzus

Thanks for the tip pardner.

We get into smaller and smaller details but you're the one with link that shows all the different fasteners.

Waya thanks, pardner, but twern't nutin.

All Ah did was bring up thet thar Google and type in Dzus Fasteners and hit the Enter Button.

All sorts of links showed up for mah roundup.

Fact is, ah named mah horse Google.

Wall, ah has to get along naow, so Ah'll jes strap on mah six 2 guns, 'n ride off into the sunset.

Adios,

the Cadillac Cowboy :P

I have what is called a "beading tool". It is a handle that comes with several differnt punch looking shanks. Each punch produces a different size circle indent in plastic. Looks very convincing for rivets and Dzus Fasteners in all the different scales.

When I went to Hobby Lobby to buy one they looked at me like I was from Mars. I had to buy mine on Ebay.

I would suggest going to ebay and doing a search. This way you can see what I mean.

Cheers,

Max Bryant

Hi Guys and Merry Christmas

After looking at Chris' fantastic P-47 build I gotta say this. My beading tool would be for rivets and not dzus fasteners. My first thoughts are to now look closely at my aluminum eraser shield I used for drafting class. Could yield a suitable shape for a 1/32 or larger fastener.

Cheers.

Max

If you are replicating Dzus fasteners on WW2 USAAF aircraft then what you want is what basically represents a slotted screwhead, then with a slightly larger circle around it to represent the aircraft washer used with it to protect the aluminum panel.

Here is another option: Archer offers rub on transfers of different sized fastners:

AR88002.gif

They will show as a slightly raised detail that can be enhanced with careful painting, or by applying multiple layers although this takes REALLY careful application!

Here is the link to the page on their website: http://www.archertransfers.com/AR88002.html