My first group build

Type: Kawanishi N1K-2J Shiden Kai

Scale: 1/32

Manufacturer: Swallow, Tomy or Doyusha (take your pick) :lol: this kit has a family background

My purpose for this build: I want to put another completed kit on the shelf and clear the table for the next kit. I've always liked this aircraft and want to do the kit justice.

What stopped the build: Knowing I'd need to do scratchbuilding on the cockpit and engine slowed me down and then I got sidetracked with some 1/48 projects. The good news is I completed several of them last year and a 1/32 Spit Mk. Vb.

What will help me complete this kit: I need to borrow Radu ;) , plenty of free time :blink: and encouragement. :rolleyes:

l have the kit here too. nice surface detail, but orginally being a motorized kit it has some issues need address expeically the cockpit. man the poor bugger that the pilot had his legs cut off so they could fit him in the thing :rolleyes: :blink:

hacker :lol: ;)

• 4 weeks later...

HI I saw a 1/24 scale Bandia at the model meeting last Saturday and it relly looked nice. The builder said he used a 1/48 scale model as a reference for the cockpit he scratch built. I am sure if you get it figured out what needs to be dun and just dive in you will be suprised at how good it will turn out. It's a great looking aircraft. The engion cal kinda reminds me of a skyrader.

And remember to have a little fun along the way

Texas ;) :lol: :)

Yeah guys, I have the 1/24 Bandai kit as well. I'm tempted to do a side by side build with the 1/32 and 1/24 kits at the same time. That would save time and trouble with the airbush usage but I'll have to see how things go. We'll be out of town this weekend but I hope to get some photos posted soon.

Yeah guys, I have the 1/24 Bandai kit as well. I'm tempted to do a side by side build with the 1/32 and 1/24 kits at the same time. That would save time and trouble with the airbush usage but I'll have to see how things go. We'll be out of town this weekend but I hope to get some photos posted soon.

I have both kits as well so will be following this build closely!!! I have several references on the George, too, so let me know when you hit some snags!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought for sure by now I'd have some images of the build to post but I got side-tracked (again) :angry: . Had to finish one kit for a local contest two weekends ago then got commissioned to do a 1/48 P-51B for a crew chief of the Tuskegee Airmen. Didn't want to put this one off since the fellow is 88 years old. :huh: I guess nothing like this ever happens to you fellows ;) Well hopefully I can complete this 1/48 stuff and get on to the N1K2J series in the "correct scale" :lol: and post some shots soon.