ARADO 234

Chris/Germany

good morning guys, hope someone can help me:

Got an old ARADO 243 Vacu from ID from a comrade at the clubs meeting yesterday. Problem: it´s only the two Vac-sheets for fuselage and wings! Wont be impossible to do the clear parts and interior like cockpit and landing gear by scratch, but the main part is....a plan!

Does anybody have the original one for a copy or maybe an online source for some drawings?

Any help would be welcome,

cheers

Chris

• 2 years later...

nice scoop there Chris. the canopy should not be that bad to do. lots of scope there for scratch building. l have confidence that you are able to pull it off when it comes time to build it

Hacker :rolleyes: :P

Chris,

Have a few of the vac canopies for the 234.As for the wheels and tires.JR makes them.For the gear legs.Those have to be scracthed.And i would use the monogram instruction sheet as to doing the 234 u got.It helps me when i do my vacs.And it give some good detials also as to location and etc. for the interior for that kit.Larry

Hi,

schick mir nochmal deine Anschrift an:simmes@lycos.de

Ich hab die Pläne und noch besser:Das Aero Detail Buch zur 234.

Ausserdem eine Gipsform der Kanzel.......

Sorry for the german text :lol:

I´ll send him the stuff....

Dan

Hi Chris,

on top of all the others you may have the issue i've got "hanging around and doing nothing", but i would need your snail mail addy.

"ARADO ar234, der eerste Strahlbommber der Welt.....LuftfahrT dokumente LD21"

have fun building,

jack.

Hello Chris. I have the old drawing too if other falls through. I am building this kit, working on it every once in a while. Go with the wheels from Jerry Rutman. Consider converting the engine nacelles from the new Hasegawa Me-262. I am using the clear ones for the Me-262 build and the grey plastic (easier to rework) for the AR-234. It looks to be an easy conversion on the aft section of the engine.

Some on should reverse engineer the canopy for this kit. Make a new vacu-pattern and pop'em. There seems to be many kits out there. I have three and only two canopies. Maybe I will do this...hmmm

Rick

I HAVE AN AR-234 VAC THAT I NEED SCHEMATICS AND DRAWINGS FOR ALSO.

PLEASE IF ANYONE HAS DATA THAT WOULD HELP ME I WOULD BE OBLIGED IF I COULD GET SOME INFO AS WELL.

WILLING TO PAY FOR POSTAGE.

THANKS.

JON

Larry,

yes got your plans and notes Thanks!

But looking for more detailed engineering plans for wheel well detal detail etc.

photos and other closeups.

I guess I need a book on the subject similar to "closeups" or "in detail"

again Larry thanks for all your notes!

Jon