1/32 Spitfire Mk.21/22/24 Wing master patterns...

Derek B

Barrel fairing extension tube in place to provide a rough idea of how it shall look (the fairing mountings on the wings are still oversize, and shall require shortening).

post-596-1173830878.jpg

Inner cannon extension fairing tube shown. The curved forward muzzle fairing shall eventally attach to this extension piece. For the outer cannon fairing (which shall be the forward curved muzzle fairing only), the forward fairing goes directly into the wing leading edge fairing mount.

post-596-1173831327.jpg

Last picture for now. Next job shall be making the forward muzzle fairing and cannon barrel. I shall also trim the wing leading edge fairing mounts to the correct length.

post-596-1173831607.jpg

Watching this with great interest Derek, particularly has I had the privilage of seeing these, and the P-61 foam fuselage, in the flesh :lol: If only it was half as easy as you make it look :D and I know that you are going to say that it is :D When are you going to do a deatail set for the Matchbox Lysander?

Superb stuff Derek.

Mal

Most excellent work Derek! Very clean and exact! Am I understanding this correctly: these wings are for the original Hasegawa Mk5 release to make a 22/24 with the conversion kit from MDC? Or can these wings also be used on the upcoming Revell re-pop of the 22/24?

Cheers

Alan :)

Thanks Nick...who knows...fiirst of all, I need to get hold of a Lysander (or two), next, I'll need loads of information and drawings. If there is still enough interest after that, maybe I'll do something from my product line :).

Alan,

As Vasko has already mentioned in another post (and I think that I may have already quoted it within this topic somewhere), the current master patterns I am working on are primarily designed to fit the Hasegawa Mk.V kit (as you quite rightly assert). However, with a little filler (mostly at the wing fillet trailing edges), they should be able to be adapted to fit the Revell/Matchbox F.Mk.22 as well.

HTH

Derek

Nice one Derek :) and thanks for the tips on the wheel wells. Did you ever get any pics of that Spit in Glasgow?

Graham.

Thanks Graham. I didn't manage to get any pictures of the F.21 at Glasgow...at least, not at the silly prices they were quoting me for each picture for the privilage! :angry:

Cheers

Derek

:D-->

QUOTE(derek B @ Mar 15 2007, 01:58 AM) 110005[/snapback]

Thanks Jay. Hmmm, a Lysander detail set Mal, now, theres a thought?... :lol:

Cheers

Derek

Let me know before I start to build it !!

I got me the decalset to do and Egyptian,Irish or Portugees Lysander. I'm just waiting for the theme "Foreign markings" to ever win the GB poll.