1/32 Spitfire Mk.21/22/24 Wing master patterns...

Derek B

Hi Geoff,

I don't even own one of those bent wing bird thingys :) (I'm not that well up on this aircraft type, so I don't really know what sort of AM accessories are required for it, but no doubt, I shall have to make one of these aircraft one day :)).

Cheers

Derek

Derek,

This looking really cool. Got any parts for a big Corsair? B)

Geoff

Cannon time! Here are basic materials and tools used to make the cannon barrel and muzzle. Some round section kit sprue, a pecil sharperner (just to start it), and files/sanding sticks and wet and dry, are used until the shape is correct (no lathe required). I used the plastic tubing to grip and hold the sprue piece whilst I sanded/filed it to the correct shape. The completed cannon barrel is made up of six individual plastic parts.

post-596-1174357839.jpg

Derek,that's some very impressive work you've been doing.I'm looking forward to this set big time.Any progress on that big Black Widow?...cheers

Not at the moment Dave, as I'm maxed out on pattern work. I'll need to produce some accurate drawings of the Widow before I can progress with any further in any scale.

Cheers

Derek

After looking closely at the radiator positions, and after discussion with Vasko Barbic, it was determined that they were positioned too far inboard, by approximately 2mm. I must have set up my radiator datum points incorrectly. Therefore, I have decided to rework the current incorrect radiator locations by removing them and making new ones in the correct location. The following pictures show the corrected radiator locations.

post-596-1174408809.jpg