1/32 Fw190 A8/R2 IV./JG3

Schwarze 1

Just to add to your previous post Wikman, I do have some competition experience and I'm one of the 3 best modellers in the junior division, along with 2 of my friends, Alex (with 12 years of modeling experience, mostly on armour) and Jung Wook (the disciple :lol: ).

Well, I have been looking carefully at the Focke Wulfs built by Chris - Hannover. That's where the inspiration of building these big Focke Wulfs came from. I am close to finishing my 'Supersized Sturmbock'. I just need to prepare the small parts for final assembly. I can't find the time to do a lot of work lately, but I'll try and get it finished before it goes into the IPMS nationals here in New Zealand.

Dominic

Nothing new at the moment, although I decided to add a figure alongside it to show some scale. I can't believe it! the Fw190 was pretty big!!! Even it's main gear legs were taller than the crewmen.

I've put the project on a halt for a few days or so. I have added the gears and some of the small bits. I guess everyone who's built the new Fw190s by Hasegawa know about the fit of the gears. It's nearly perfect, but I think it's my fault. But hey, I'm just about to add the IFF aerial on the fuselage. Stay tuned and I will get that Fw190 finished a.s.a.p.

Thanks for the kind words DMurph,

I didn't use chalk pastels on this model, only because I didn't have any. Instead, I used some shaved 6B pencil graphite and used it like I would use pastels. But I always spray a satin coat afterwards to tone down the unwanted sheen that the graphite makes. Also, I prefer this method because pencil graphite doesn't blow off like pastels.

That looks really cool! Like the "graphite method"! :blink: I've used it only in bare metal finish, but after watching Your bird, I'll try it on camouflaged planes too!

Keep us posted!

Cheers:

georch, from Hungary

georch,

Nice work on your D9, it's coming along really great. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Wikman,

Great work on your drop tanks for your Messerschmitts. Unfortunately, this plane will not be holding on to a drop tank

But anyway...

Here's the finished interior (sans the clear parts for the gunsight) sorry about the photo being dark, but you can clearly see the scratchbuilt seatbelts.

post-2385-1170494930.jpg

Thanks for the comment bsarnoffca. I'm actually building the old-tool Fw190 (I have the 'new tool' <_< Revell Fw190 F-8) alongside this model, so I'm kind of looking at the improvements of the new kit to the old kit. And I looked something like this ... :blink: ... hehe.

I'm going to take some more photos of my Focke Wulf in the near future.

Again, thanks for all the comments that you guys post to this topic. For a 14 year old like me, I am rather surprised at what my experience has done on a model.

In fact I'm thinking of taking a bigger plunge after this... I will be looking into converting the new-tool D-9 into the rarely seen D-11 in 1/32. I will be looking into how to do the conversion by scratch, just to help keep the cost down. I hope 'Chris - Germany' sees this post. I know he's done this conversion by scratch, so I need all the help I can get.

Could you guys help me on this one? :huh:

Dominic

Hi Dominic,

great work so far!

You are up to a 190 D11? Cool subject! If you want i can send you a Fab Flight conversion Set for the D11/D13. I have an extra one. Also Montex have a Paint Mask Set which includs the D11 parts, but i don´t have it.

Let me know if you need the Fab Flight Set.

Looking forward to see your A8 done!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris - Hannover

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind.

I'll let you know when I will be getting a Fw190 D9 kit in my hands (I'll send you an email letting you know if I WILL get a D9 kit :blink: ). But so far I have some other projects to finish.

mywifehatesmodels

Have you got the Rutman A8/R2 kit? Nice. Are you going to do the oversprayed version or the same one as mine? I will be looking forward to seeing your Sturmbock when it's finished

bcauchi

Thanks for the comments. I was recently looking at your thread on the three Bf109s, and it's looking very exceptional. I'm way too anxious to try something like that :lol: . But I'll see if I can try build up my confidence to try and do something like it.

I'll keep you guys posted,

Dominic