"Dai Banana!"- Pacific Coast Models Macchi 202 Folgore

bdthoresen

Thanks Kev for the comment! Hammering away is fun!

Mike- You are not kidding!!!! Trying to decipher which way the pattern on Tarantola's aircraft went!

Photos are not helping much!

More to come-

THOR :)

Hey guys- I am trying to find out what the demarcation lines on the 202 looked like... And to be honest, it seems I have opened up a can of worms. In some period photos it seems the topside camo covers the entire nose and rear fuselage, including the undersides. There are other photos in which there seems to be a small light areas, but the radiator and oil cooler are still the topside color. Do any of you guys have any more evidence that is more conclusive?

Thor :)

Thanks Ron- I have painted the upper surfaces with a similar method, and have to do a little more touch up on the undersurfaces, and then it is onto the smoke rings......I finaly found how to spray the demarcation- Look for more pics tomorrow- (My camera battery is charging!

THOR :)

Thor,

Man oh man it's great to see you're at your Macchi again.Your underside weathering looks fantastic,I did something simular on my old P-40.Anyway I'll be looking forward to further updates on your outstanding Macchi.

Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Certified Regia Aeronautica Nut

Brian- Thanks for the compliment- I appreciate it-

Greg- I am happy that you're happy! This thing fought me all the way, but, I am glad to be at this point with it. It will never win any contests, but, I am happy with it!

More photos in a bit!

THOR :blink:

Well guys, I shot some pics this morning just to show where I am at, but it is still dark outside and it is tough to capture the paint work! But, I will be trying the smoke rings tonight, so I will try and take better then-

Overall shot....

post-719-1237805998.jpg

Right wing- The painting was done by first , the gubship Grey basecoat, followed by a heavily mottled coat of Model Master Italian Sand- This color is a bit too dark in my opinion, so I then mottled some Model master Rlm 79 over that, followed by a 50/50 mix RLM 79 and white- The last step was a shader coat of Italian Sand, RLM 79 mixed 30/70 with lacquer thinner sprayed in the direction of the airflow to blend and tone everything down a bit-

post-719-1237806261.jpg