Fw190D-13 conversion

stevegallacci

A snap of the nose with a rather rough attempt at "Yellow 10"'s cammo. Mostly to get a clear view of the nose shape and fit. Only a bit of Mr. Surfacer was needed to do the joint. Not shown are the drops of clear lacquer that dropped onto the wing and destroyed the job. AARgh!

post-948-1158710687.jpg

how true, alan.

i am really tempted to do a D-13 with steves conversion. i really like how acurate it looks. the efford of time, you spent on this set, steve, was worth it. i think it is going to sell very good as well.

cheers klaus

And another. The Eagle Editions decals are great, though the instructions appear to miss a couple decal locations, and the sheet could use a decal for the white side wall on the tail wheel. Even the spiral on the spinner worked pretty good, wtih only the very tip needing some supplemental paint. To make it easier, I'd suggest cutting a hole in the decal for the motor cannon muzzel to go through, which will both allow the decal to settle down over the tip better and help anchor the decal to the spinner while settling it down. Had I done that, the thing would have fitted without any touch up at all.

post-948-1158959510.jpg

she is looking good, steve.

:blink:

the sheet could use a decal for the white side wall on the tail wheel

wouldnt that take out all the fun?

i suggest to flatcoat the tire and then use white vallejo acrylic to paint the white wall. that works very good for me. just paint it in several thin layers. if you mess up one layer, you can quickly remoove the access paint with water.

cheers klaus

one question.... and dont shoot me now... lol

is the d-13 longer than the d-9?