Me109's at last

bcauchi

The same part I hollowed out in the Aires pit was redone from aluminum and the push switches added. The triangular bulge at the rear of the seats was missing. I shall be covering the whole back of the seat with foil to fair in the lot. This seat was in fact press formed in reality so was one in one single piece. Covering it in self adhesive foil will simulate this satisfactorily. One is already done but I'm not happy with the foil and will probably replace it. It is marked where I tried to burnish it in place. I need to fit another piece and burnich it more carefully so as not to leave any marks.

post-915-1158213943.jpg

You are a wizard, master Brian! ;) Stunning work on those noses and especially those old REVELL 109, and I agree to what you mentioned at the beginning of this build: to modify / correct an old REVELL kit can be lots of fun...........I still love them <_<

great work

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

As you can see, I also had to modify the seat. Also taken apart and fixed. The seat was a whole press formed part including that triangular protrusion on the top half and this went over the cockpit coaming so I has to add a piece of resin to the top of the seat, refit the triangular bulge and have this come up over the cockpit rear edge.

post-915-1158559672.jpg

Nice 30mm cover Brian. IIRC I think Vincent was saying there were quite a few different types of breech covers. Did you make it from milliput?

Great work all round. Way beyond what I can do but nice to watch and learn.

Cheers Matt

Hi Cauch,

I figure since there is a TV show called House, we should call you Cauch. Everything thus far is looking really good. Your skill and ability to modify parts is a joy to watch. Keep up the great work. This is becoming a tutorial on how to do great things.

Geoff

PS How does that surfacer / primer you used compare to Mr. Surfacer?