Me109's at last

bcauchi

Been working on some details on the underside of the aircraft. These include the fuel overflow, a streamlined opening on the underside of the rear fuselage, the fuel feed lines from the external centreline tank, the overflows just under the front wing root and also the anchor points for the tank cradle. here is a photo showing most of these details. These have been produced three times. The fuel feed lines are made from wire sheating, the overflows from hypodermic needles and the anchor points from sheet aluminium.

post-915-1182110597.jpg

Also did work on the undersarriage. The doors have been modified. The upper part is way too thick, the lower part has been sanded and thinned down. The upper part has been replaced by one made from thin plastic card. also the guide rod for this has been made. The hydraulic lines which were molded on were removed and remade with copper wire and brass nuts.

post-915-1182110723.jpg

Brilliant work yet again Brian. You continue to amaze and inspire. Were the brass nuts that you used on the hydraulic lines from the same supplier that Klaus gets his? They look wonderful, however, I'd love to see more pics showing those components in greater detail. ;)

Keep em coming mate!

Cheers

Ango

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Your updates are relatively few and far between, but ALWAYS more than worth the wait and leaving us wanting more. Quite apart from your peerless skills, I'm particularly impressed by the fact that you have the patience to do three concurrent builds from very diverse kits and achieve such consistent and uniform excellence.

Best Regards,

Jean

P.S. Thanks so much for the contact in B.C. Haven't worked up the nerve to use it yet, but I will at some point.

P.P.S. Your new camera really makes a difference!