Are the repackaged AK Real Color paints available in the U.S.A. yet?

How's the availability stateside now?

I have seen a couple of online retailers taking preorders but there was no indication of when they are going to be able to fulfill  them.

Anyone got the lowdown?

Can you ahead more light on this?  Are they the lacquer based or acrylic ?  And are they now more airbrush ready?  I have not seen anything on this so far but use the original real color acrylic lacquer quite a bit.  I saw where MiG released the Atom line up and purchased a few to try. 

Paul

3 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Can you ahead more light on this?  Are they the lacquer based or acrylic ?  And are they now more airbrush ready?  I have not seen anything on this so far but use the original real color acrylic lacquer quite a bit.  I saw where MiG released the Atom line up and purchased a few to try. 

Paul

Same paint formula, new packaging. Instead of jars they are in dropper bottles like Vallejo or Hataka. They renumbered everything and dropped about half the existing product line while adding some automotive and motorcycle colors.

5 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Paul

Hi Paul, here is a little more information via YouTube:

Greg, thanks for the link.  Hopefully these will hit the states soon.  I wonder if the older series have been discontinued?  It was mentioned that they dropped 1/2 of the product line, I wonder how many of the WWII German Luftwaffe colors were dropped?  I have used all of them in that series and besides RLM 66, (which IMO is not the correct color based on everything else I have seen, it's too green), they have been great to use.  

Update, after looking at the AK website, it looks like they are already out of most of the original paints (glass jars).  Only one page comes up when you select WWII aircraft.  That not a good thing, so time to stock up on them. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul2660

My hobby shop set the original jars on clearance i panic purchased everything they had left that i needed. Good to know they are not discontinuing they entire line

Either way at 2.39$CAD was a great deal