Jump to content

guitarlute101

LSP_Members
  • Content Count

    60
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About guitarlute101

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Wingnut Wings just announced they are releasing a Gotha G.I and UWD! Excellent!! Not to fear, I will be continuing and finishing my scratch build. I just received the last of the goodies I needed for the cockpit today! more soon, Mark
  2. Thanks guys, I'm putting some thought into the wings now. Probably styrene over basswood core. I put in some mail orders for materials to detail the cockpit areas, bezels, instrument faces, etc. so that will give me some time to do a little cleanup and fitting of the new parts while I wait for them to arrive. More updates as soon as I can and I appreciate you looking in, Mark
  3. I was able to finish up the majority of the tail area. As you can see in the period pictures, the tail and fins were plain with no ribbing. I'm assuming They were plywood covered structures from the looks of it. I made the horizontal tail and edged it in half round rod. I find that this gives the edge a nice profile rather than trying to eyeball it and hand sand it half round. I made hinges so that the tail and fins would be articulated. And here is the tail temporarily taped into place. You can see that distinctive tail fin shape the Gotha G.I was known for. The tail area still needs some priming and finishing but I'm pretty happy with it at this point. And here is a shot of the fuselage as of today. A lot of work and a lot of fun. Still some more work in the cockpit areas so more to come later. Thanks for looking in, Mark
  4. Thanks Kevin, Brian, Ray and Alain. I sincerely appreciate everyone taking time to look in and be encouraging. Moving on to the tail today, looks pretty straight ahead. The most difficult part will probably be the alignment. The tail was integrated into the lower rear fuselage rather than just tacked onto the fuselage so I'll have to be very careful there. Mark
  5. "I should have an update on Sunday..." Ok, so it took a bit longer than I thought, The center section has been the most difficult part so far. I've relied on the picture documentation and have it pretty close. I made the top part to be removable at first so I can paint and detail the interior before gluing everything together..... So far so good, next, I'll finish up the cockpit area walls and seat area and probably move on to the tail. Thanks so much for looking in, Mark
  6. Excellent work Tom, loving this build! Mark
  7. Thanks everyone, I appreciate the very kind words and encouragement! More work on the fuselage and the horizontal stabilizer and elevator this weekend so I should have an update on Sunday. Thanks so much for following along. Mark
  8. Some progress on the cockpit covered area. Still a little shaping to do around the cockpit opening. It was definitely some work for me but I'm very happy with the result so far. Thanks for looking in, I appreciate it, Mark
  9. A little update, not much time to work on it this week and I still need to order some .02 and .03 styrene sheet. The rectangle and triangle shapes to the rear are the bases for the balsa wood to vacu-form over and the half circle near the front will be built up with a small piece of balsa and vacu-formed too. You can see the areas near the back of the cockpit that I need to fill back in because I opened up the entire cockpit area but this is not a problem.. Mark
  10. Thanks spacewolf! The excellent Windsock Datafile #83 by Ray Rimell is absolutely required for this build. Mark
  11. I adjusted the scale drawing to the best of my ability to reflect the upper top fuselage more accurately in regards to period photographs. Mark
  12. Excellent workmanship!! Looking forward to more updates! Mark
  13. Well, you know, somedays it's just one step forward and two steps back. While working out the arrangement of the center section I noticed that it was too far forward and the cockpit was too far back on the drawings when compared to the pictures of the real thing. So I had to do some internal rearranging of the supports. I feel confident that everything is in it's correct spot now (although I should have caught that much sooner). BTW, the sectioned off area on the starboard side of the center section was where the fuel tank was located. So if anything else, today was just a side step instead of a step ahead with my project although I did have time to make the top area for the front gun ring. Little by little, Mark
  14. Thank you for the extra set of eyes on this one Alain! Mark
×
×
  • Create New...