Sad day - we had to put our cat down

LSP_Ron

Like any llong term cat owner  we've made the last journey too many times , the last time for us was back in Sept., 2014 when Poppet succumbed to Kidney disease. For some reason this time inspiration set in, so much so that I wrote a book about our experences with cats a total of 23 years , and what follows is the first page .. 

Cat

Why do you weep?

Don't you know our lives are but a Summers Day compared to yours

Do not Grieve

For you gave us all we   desired, Warmth and  food,  love and companionship were ours  to enjoy

In return we loved you

You live longer than us ,

But short as our lives are we enjoy the time allotted to us in ways you can never experience

So remember us

And cherish the memories we bequeath  to you  for that is all we can ever leave you  when we pass

Human

To live longer is a curse.. for all that you cherish passes

We Loved you all  and remember you .. always

And in remembering

We weep still...

ColinR

I know that pain. We had to do the same with my kitty about four years ago (Good Friday now has two meanings for me). I had my little friend for 21 years and it was the hardest decision I've ever had to make to this point in my life. I paid extra to have him cremated by himself and I have him in a very nice, mahogany box near the TV set. Having his ashes nearby is kind of soothing in knowing there's still a small part of him still with me. If you haven't thought about having kitty cremated, please consider it as it may help you emotionally. Maybe I'm just being selfish but it does give me comfort and I still talk to him every now and again.

I swear at times I catch a glimpse of him out of the corner of my eye and I hope that he's still with me, waiting for me to join him.

We had our beloved beauty cremated after her passing and a week later her ashes were returned to us in an urn - I go almost everyday and speak with her, she is next to my cello and across from her tree house where her beloved brother sleeps in the afternoon... having her come home to rest is a consolance to us both... not a day goes by that we don't talk about her or remember her... cremation is a good solution for some. Edited by alaninaustria

The title says it all.  We've had this cat for 22 years,  it was a long run for the old girl but we had to put here down this morning.

We've been married only 6 months longer than we've had this cat. She was a big part of our family.  We will miss her.

Man I am so sorry! Just a couple weeks ago I had to do the same... heartbreaking. They can steal your heart.

Feel for you and your wife Ron, such a hard thing to do, deep down we know its the best thing to do but hurts like hell. It does get easier though with time

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

Guest Maxim

Hi Ron, sorry for your loss. Been there as our cat had 16 years with us and he traveled to the States, NZ, and Hawaii  with my work relocations.We had to put him to sleep due to bladder cancer. What wonderful animals they are.