Revell HE-219 Build: So it Begins...

Uncarina

Lee,

Okay, you win! I looked again; all pics I saw have the flaps up so I am in the process of repositioning them, not easy due to the plastic I initially cut away, but it would have bugged me otherwise. Pics to follow. Hans, thanks again for the link. I found the reference photos I needed on the Luftwaffe Message Board. Cheers, Tom

Excellent work on BOTH planes Tom.. Cant wait to see the big one in paint! Good Catch on the flaps, I think the look cool down too, but you're right, most of the pics I have or have seen show them up when power is off..Would have been cool looking either way though!

All the best to you and your beautiful 219!

Paul

Paul, Thanks so much for your support! I likewise wish you great success with your builds, but I know your skills will be more than up to the task! Cheers, Tom

Skills? Shhhhh Tom, Don't tell anybody else, but, I have a box of miniature elves that do all the building and painting while I'm asleep so I cant really take all the credit. I just give them beer and pretzels and they do the rest.. It's a pain cleaning up after them though.. dirty miniture beer mugs and salt all over the work space ...

Paul

It's bigger and thus looks MUCH better than... no, I just can't bring myself to mention that other scale.

Looking good Tom.

Thanks very much! Building the plane first in that unmentionable scale has helped with this one, but in any case the Revell kit is an easy assembly. Aside from aftermarket and some rescribing I just cut a section from each wing spar to adjust the wings. Cheers,

Tom

I'm sorry, Tom- I'd be the very last person to tell someone how they should build their model- I was just wondering if anyone had built them up- I thought your model was looking great with them down- :oops:

Lee, Please do not be sorry. I learned something new about the aircraft and that's part of the fun of this hobby! Cheers,

Tom

Tom,

You need a B-25 to display next to it ! :frantic: With all the twins and now 4 engine bombers coming out, the home improvement center/ lumber yards are going to start selling a lot more shelving!

C'mon man, show me some paint! :)

Paul

I'm actually eyeing the P-61; always liked it since building the Monogram kit years ago. They would look great together! Yeah, the paint is beckoning... Cheers, Tom