Eduards news!!!

Fenous

I went true this topic and read all the post regarding this subject. One thing was very obvious, the price tag of this kit......indeed not cheap, but you can say that about other kit's also.....there are plenty of them :hmmm: and still they are build by lot's of modelers.

Today i ordered this kit, i payed 150€ inclusief shipping cost's, and i'm glad i did it. Some guy's will find this insane, other will find it stupid, and again others will say that i have to much money, i say, it's my own business, and my own decision to buy this kit. Is this stupid, not at all, but it will be when this kit will be build by an certain modeler and after a while put aside, that would be stupid, because that's when it will be an overpriced a expensive kit, end of discussion, period.

I see lot's of you guy's building other kit's that are very expensive in my eyes to, kit's i will not spend even 1€, but that's personal taste, and if they want to spend that amount of money, i think they deserve to do so, who am i to discuss that.

So that said, Eduard did put out a marketing model for their P-47 release, maybe wrong, maybe not, who will say, but the most important thing is, no matter what the cost is of a certain kit, it's still the pleasure of building it and knowing that you paid for a nice model that can stand proudly in your display case. :goodjob:

Greetz

Danny

I agree Danny. Simple question of economics. Each of us has to justify why we need this awesome example it in our stash. I think it's justifiable.

I personnely wish I had this kit, the down side, I have three Hasegawa P-47's and a razorback from Trumpeter. Do I need this kit also? Each of us needs to make his or her own judgement on this answer.

Good for you. Excited someone has the guts to say yes!

I recall I have the Aires engine / cowling set for this aircraft. Why? I have no idea.

I think I need to give up this hobby and shovel snow for a while. In flip flops obviously.

We could all be into something much,much worse I tell my wife all the time.

I wish I had this kit damnit. Ha.

All the best from Singapore Gents. What an awesome lovely warm sunny flip flop sort of day.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi all

Just digging up this ole thread as a bit of a public announcement.

Just before I left for work this morning I was having a quick gander at my Eduard engine set, when I noticed what appeared to me to be an unusual profile to the 2 side cowls. It appears to me that Eduard have put a bit of a staggered slope just below the exhaust opening. I have been around enough Mosquito's and bits for this to not register as being correct.

I will check when I get home and take a photo and let you know my findings. But as you can see on this photo the side cowl is smooth...

IMG_1365_zps599cf6cd.jpg

I could be seeing things or it could be a casting fault in my set. Or I could just be getting too fussy

I will report back.

Here we go...

It is more obvious in real life and I feel really distorts the look of the side panel. If I cant fix it then I will just use the kit ones. Shame as there is a lot more detail on them, especially on the inside

FullSizeRender1_zpschbbvtom.jpg

Cheers

Anthony

I just wonder about the role of Mr.Knizek in all this. He started the survey and is continuing in introducing 1/32 stuff on the forums. It seems to be a way for Eduard, how to get around they promise not to produce any 1/32 anymore.