Trumpeter A-4F VA 212 1969-72 6/5/ Update.. Decals!

Wow, quick work buddy. Already cockpit almost done...whooaa. How was the fit of the Aires pit??  :)

Mike,

The cockpit is about done, it fit perfect so no fighting there speeds up the finishing process. I took more pictures, but now the stupid camera cord adapter thing that goes from my Flash card from the camera into my USB in the computer has stopped working, I'll make trip to Radio Shack in the AM and try and get a new cord.

Paul

Paul

Sweet work on the Scooters front offcie.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter, I actually have more done now, but cant get the pictures uploaded! They are on the disk from the camera luckily, so I'll keep taking them as I build until I get the tech problem sorted.

Paul 

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Got ya. Lots of ways to upload from the camera to you PC. Easiest is a flash cord from the camera port to a USB port ... Turn on the camera and they upload. Does your computer have a slot for your camera card? If so, just pop the car in and download the photos.

Peter

Paul

Got ya. Lots of ways to upload from the camera to you PC. Easiest is a flash cord from the camera port to a USB port ... Turn on the camera and they upload. Does your computer have a slot for your camera card? If so, just pop the car in and download the photos.

Peter

Paul

Peter

Peter, I managed to lose the original Sony cable, and went to a card reader that goes into the USB port. That died, so I just got back from "The Shack" with a new reader. Pictures to follow! 

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Well, As I said, I had some technical problems to fix, but they are fixed, so Im gonna keep this short and to the point.

The Rudder on the Trumpy A-4 needs to be fixed. They left the bottom hinge off! Anyway, I used various sizes of plastic, some files and glue and reference pictures to fix the issue. I think it  came out well, and will not be a open and unrealistic as it would have been.

DSC09956_zps7866bf0e.jpg

One other issue is that the main landing gear has two problems ( if you're building an A-4E or earlier, only one problem) 

1, The nose wheel is molded into the gear forks. I took a dremmel, micro files and saws to it and replaced the kit wheel with a Spare from my Hasegawa A-4. Perfect fit.

2. The other issue is that the A-4E had nose wheel steering, so I had to build the actuator and its various parts( 12 tiny ones ) to replicate this. I will wire it all up when I plumb the landing gear struts and bays shortly using miniature wire, solder and .010 styrene rod.

DSC09969_zps77bdfc5f.jpg

I built up the gas bags and the center line MER, both will get cleaned up and detailed later.

DSC09973_zps169ca20d.jpg

I cleaned up and primed the intake section, this will get gloss white and have the forward fan section of the engine showing in the middle.

DSC09974_zpsfbaec8b2.jpg

Instrument panel in progress, to bad most of this will be very hard to see! I'll add the white backing shortly.I chose to drill out  the instrument glass instead of trying to mask off all the dial glass. That was fun! NOT It was molded in clear resin.

DSC09968_zps7dc27482.jpg

The Tub and Seat

DSC09965_zps2117166e.jpg

OK Folks, that's it for now, I have work to do!  I also have to "advise" a Mig project that's parked on the desk next to me and a pretty girl asking modeling questions.

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Great start, I wish mine were that easy.

Thanks K2!  That's why I picked the Scooter to warm up with! I've got the SWS Skyraider  coming right behind this one!  :frantic:  Overall, this Trumpy kits is a really nice little model, I'm enjoying it.

Paul 

Paul,

Sensational work! Thanks for the build tips as well!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom, Right now I'm gutting the forward landing gear bay to a certain level, then I'm going to scratch back in my own details..if it works out, great! If not I'll save up and get some Aires wheel wells. I'm really trying to just have fun with this one as a warm up for the big prop job that's coming down the bench next! SKYRAIDER! 

All the best my friend,

Paul  

I say.. tha'r Cuz ........... that 'd beez some.......... Mi'tey Fiin' Woo'eck

Scoot'in  right along  ain't ja'?

watch'in you :wicked:

jack

Thanks Jack, I'm havin' fun and plastic is flyin' off everywhere like panties at a Tom Jones concert! :rofl:  More pics soon.

Paul

Paul