1/32 Hasegawa P-26A Peashooter

Leaning_Dog

That's excellent, John! I ended up using Airscale decals, but you dry-brushing the dials looks just as good. Do you have a gap behind the seat, right below the head cushion? I did, so I filled it with plastic card. 

Fit is good, but I did notice warping on mine on 1/2 of the lower fuselage, so I had align it to the other fuselage half with with my fingers, then used some CA to get a quick bond before liberally applying thin cement. It required some putty/ca to fix the seam and of course, this lead to more detail lost....anyway, great update.

Thanks for your kind words, Shaka. I didn't have any warping on the fuselage - went together perfectly. And yes, there is a gap behind the seat where the bulkhead doesn't quite reach the fuselage... the alignment of the bulkhead is also off - it should be flush with the headrest rather than 1/16" behind it. Since I'm building it for 'fun' right out of the box, and you really have to look hard to see the gap, I decided to leave it alone. If I ever do another one I'll scratch up a new bulkhead in the correct location behind the seat.

What's the best guest for the interior of the cowl?

I'm going with Alclad aluminum in the inside of the cowl, just like the cockpit...

Cheers!

John.

What's the best guest for the interior of the cowl?

The NASM example seems to have the same OD as the exterior for the interior of the cowling, although the walkaround of the restored aircraft looks silver.  

a_Boeing_P-26A_Peashooter.jpg

These two builds are really motivating me to get back to work on my kit!

Edited by DougN

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to let Shaka know I'm still working on this one... Tamiya Fine White Surface Primer from the rattle can, and Tamiya TS-34 "Camel Yellow" also sprayed from the rattle can. Painting wings and horizontal stabilizer separately in an effort to simplify masking later. 

aQaBjZT.jpg

More in the next day or two...

Cheers!

John.

Edited by Leaning_Dog
Replacing Photobucket images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Shaka! 

Got a little distracted over the Holidays, and then discovered a pretty significant flaw in the port wing that required filler, sanding and a respray. While waiting for the paint to cure I completed a long-term car project that I posted over in Non-LSP Works (http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=66794) ... 

And after all that, the P-26 is back on the bench. Not completely settled on the blue - as per Dana Bell, "...The porcelain enamel samples of the newer Light Blue 23 are a little lighter than 595b chip 25053, and perhaps a bit redder." My initial intent was to mix my own using 35044 and 35164... Shaka, your blue looks great - what did you do?

2SjarIR.jpg

Hi Kevin - when you have a minute, can you move this over to WIP?

Thanks!

John.

Edited by Leaning_Dog
Replacing Photobucket images