ZM Heinkel He 219 Uhu:5/26/17: BACK WITH A VENGEANCE

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Shaka

Much appreciated and I'll be hanging in there and crossing the line with the Owl no matter how long it takes.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Much appreciated Anthony and I'm going a lot slower but I'm hanging in and moving forward. I've been building the WNW's Roland in between frustrating stages and that little gem has been working her magic.

Great advice

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Peter

So very much appreciated and I do remember our conversations over the Tigercat and Hornet and that's exactly what friends are all about!

I've taken the middle road and when the Owl wins the round and beats me into the bench, I have just been putting her down and walking away. I've piked up the WNW Roland kit, a brilliant kit and work on it until I feel the juices flowing and the drive to be at the Owl's side of the bench to be taking hold. Then I put the Roland down and the next work session, I pick up the Owl again. While it's not the fastest way to build a complicated kit with issues, it has helped immensely and kept me sane. Over the past two weeks, I'm will to bet I've worked a lot more on the Roland then the Owl as getting through this stage seems to be the biggest hurdle. I'll be literally grinding it out, much slower then I thought but the Owl barring any disasters, will eventually cross the line.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks Bill so very much appreciated.

Just reading all the posts, my energies and batteries are recharging and I'll be duking it out with the Owl this afternoon. I'm going to finish.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Thanks so much Chris and no that I stopped feeling sorry for myself and have a plan, I'll be going a lot slower on the Owl but I'm going to finish.

Peter

Peter, Sorry to hear the enjoyment level has waned badly on your Owl but your results are so far absolutely spectacular. Maybe time to put it to one side for a little while and crack open a nice Tamiya single seater and then come back to it.........but please do come back to it as your Owl will be spectacular when finished.

Regards. Andy

Thanks Carl

Somehow, I always seem to manage to find a more difficult build after each difficult build ... but that's just my luck I guess.

I'm going to keep going and finish the Owl but in order to keep my sanity and keep the juices renewed, I've been working on a very enjoyable and fun build in between all this frustration the WNW Roland. It picks me up and the fit is superb. So I work on the Owl until I'm frustrated and beat, then the next few sessions; it's Roland time.

Peter

Peter, that's been my approach for a long time. Which means some builds take a long time :)

My work bench at the moment has 6 different active builds on it. I just switch to another one when I hit a mental stumbling block and then come back when I'm in a better frame of mind.

Carl

Guest Peterpools

Hi Andy

I'll keep plugging away but I've found, when the juices need  to be replenished, I head over to my WNW Roland build for few session  and then I'm ready to tackle the Owl again. It;s just a shame, ZM had a fantastic opportunity to produce a spectacular kit and fell victim to all the toy like features.

Peter