FW-190 D-11 Completed Photos!!!...at last...

Dave Pratt

Last one for the night of my 190 A-8 and D-11.Both were done with the help of Montex masks (thanks Darek) in addition to Eagle Editions decals for the stencils (thanks Jerry and Judy) and thanks to Steve Gallacci for letting me do this conversion...man,this is like an Oscar speach :blink: ...I hope you guys like the fuzzy pictures at the end...cheers

post-90-1176951005.jpg

Yes, a small batch of them were operated by the Verbandsfuhrerschule des G.d.J. "white<<" "white <57" "white <58" (which would became "red 4" of JV44) "white<61" and "white <<-" of at least nine 'D-11s of that batch.

They were all simular green on green camo and RLM75/bare metal underwings. Eagle Editions has decals for at least "white 61" as well as "Red 4"

Dave, that is a magnificent build. Terrific man. But I hear it. Yes I hear it crying out for a nice base and maybe even a figure near it. it would look even more beautiful and a setting. Well done man, as usual, your work is excellent and to the highest standard possible.

Hi Brian,

Yes, there were other known D-11s. So far the only the only other known photos of D-11s are the ones taken after the war at Bad Wörishshofen . These were attached to the General der Jagdflieger's Fighter Leader's School Marked with"White<57,"White <61"White<<" and"White <<-". There also are a couple of prototype shots known.There are documents listing D-11s in service with JG 300 near the end of the war but no known photos so far.Darn!

Cheers, Jerry