1/32 Bf109G-10 ERLA

Radub

This is my latest project. This model will be based on the Revell reboxing of the Hasegawa Bf109K copmbined with the Eagle Editions conversion set for the new nose. The Eagle Editions recommends the G6 kit, but I had a Revell K4 handy, so I decided to use that one instead.

The conversion set is beautiful and is based on masters by Steve Gallacci. Here is a picture of the parts. The set also includes 4 small scoops for the nose.

Radu

post-683-1235765594.jpg

When I started the work, I soon discovered that the cockpit section was too large. I am well aware that resin can play tricks sometimes and it can expand or shrink.

In this case, the expansion was significant enough to cause a bit of a problem. The part was too long and too high. This photo shows the extra length.

post-683-1235765826.jpg

Tlanks lads. :blink:

Where's the IAR-80 by the way?

The IAR is moviong very slowly, but moving nevertleless. I will have some photos soon.

but how i would love to see an early spit. in your hands mate.

Yes, me too! I have a Mk. II planned, but it is just a matter of finding the time.

Radu

Wow... that's confidence. I would have serious hesitations about cutting up the resin bits. :) I'm not sure why - because the anxiety sounds so silly now, but in the shop it's a different story... :)

It's always a pleasure to watch you work Radu - there are many things to learn.

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

I did a little more work on it.

One of the main problems with the cockpit is that the sills are bent and stepped to account for the deeper quarterlights of the windscreen part. On the real thing, the sills were straight and the bottom edges of the windscreen quartelights were just metal sheet overlapping the sides. Also, these were applied on top of "regular" quartelights.

Here is a photo that shows the bent sills and the step.

post-683-1235845174.jpg