1/24 Airfix Spitfire Mk.IXe ML407

3 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

You’ve boggled my mind!
I can rewire a household plug, but that’s just about my limit.

John

:D thanks John, honestly, it's not that bad, MSM provide great instructions. 

The challenge is working where the cables can run without seeing them. 

Especially when so much of my Spit is exposed. 

Also fun through ;)

3 hours ago, CraigH said:

Just amazing Steve. You've now got me looking at MSM for my JU87:BANGHEAD2:

LOL,

Once MSM have you, there's no going back!

:evil_laugh:

Seriously though, for the relatively easy installation it's next level modelling. 

The best bit for me is the sound; my video doesn't do it justice it's somewhat loud!

:piliot:

4 hours ago, Crossofiron said:

LOL,

Once MSM have you, there's no going back!

:evil_laugh:

Seriously though, for the relatively easy installation it's next level modelling. 

The best bit for me is the sound; my video doesn't do it justice it's somewhat loud!

:piliot:

Had a look. They don't do a 1:24 JU87. But when/if I build a 1:32 Lancaster for BBFM then I'm there LOL

7 hours ago, CraigH said:

Had a look. They don't do a 1:24 JU87. But when/if I build a 1:32 Lancaster for BBFM then I'm there LOL

Sending you a PM mate :thumbsup:

Hello All,

Although a small part of the build, thought I would share this as it's quite involved.

Airframe 11.

As shown previously, this is the kit part with two Airscale etch parts overlaid.

Here are the Kit Parts;

p?i=5fee96603e5762d7243efb6fa82202e2

• The Seat and Seat Frame are from Aircraft in Pixels and is there Mk.I Spitfire Seat 'Updated' to composite.

No kidding; off the charts this particular set, never seen anything like it, it even works and I was able to set the height for Johnnie!

• The Top Armour Plate is Airscale
  • The Seat Armour Plate is bespoke.

An interesting point here;

In my spitfire construction manual, the top armour plate references steel with a thickness and finish meaning is is machined which I have reproduced.

The bottom plate reference ' stock' in other words rolled flat steel as it came from the foundry

based on this, I gave the bottom plate a rough finish and allowed for oxidisation, particularly the back as the stock steel is not treated for paint and would come through the paint after time as it rusts.

The wear points are 'oily steel' rather than aluminium to differentiate the materials in the cockpit

• I lightened the top around the headrest to allow for a certain amount of bleaching in the sun
  • The Altitude Meter behind the armour plate is bespoke and is correct to the period; the Tamiya 1/32 Spit shows a post war unit
  • Anyz Models do a rather nice 'deformed' headrest in all scales which looks great
  • The Harnesses are HGW of course
  • The Voltage Regulator is true of this Mk.IV, the kit part is Mk.V to Mk.VIII
  • There are 3 cables to the Voltage Regulator and these are run in a black sheaving in the route as per the below, not around the airframe
  • As the three cables come out of the sheave, the sheave is given a serial number for traceability
  • The Aileron Cable Pivot assembly is bespoke etch
  • The Flares are 3D Printed
  • Between the flares, there is retrofit box compartment for a Field First Aid Kit

p?i=3f87567f2192b4b9737d45d0f0bdb142

p?i=f22d37adaa44e9127254d68bd099685f

p?i=be724e938e708f3c15d1e832b7ec0bb0

p?i=03cb6ad054549d9daa08c22c24fd0b8b

p?i=8d7bc7f7cffc903d57bb58fcba2d4edd

p?i=5018d0cf7d746484ac02f9c5bdae795e

Many thanks for looking

Cheers

Steve