How Many Models Have You Built?

It is impossible for me to answer that question, I vaugly remember the first model I think at around age 5, I am now 53.  I built kits on a weekly basis in my childhood, just glued them together.  Later I started painting them in my early teens.  Unlike some thought I never had a stoped.  Even when I went away to law school, I set up a tool box, when I was home I would do the big stuff requiring airbrushing, but then i would take a car kit, some tools and work on a model for a while on the weekends.  I did not stop when I got married or we had our only child.  In fact the first thing I did when my son was born was purchase a 1977 boxing of the Revell Viking ship and built it for his room.  I slowed down sometimes i have only finished one or two kits in a year.  However, I have never stopped.  

I do not think I have went 12 months without working on a model since the first one.  The category of model changed over the years, my first modeling love was ships, I build most of the warship kits that were available whether tall masted or modern.  I probably built half a dozen each of the small Revell Constiution series and the small Missouri class series at the minimum.  Then i moved on to planes and tnaks but not knowing any better was frustrated with the fusilage seems, barrel seems and terrible tracks.  So I moved on to race cars which is when I got more into learning airbrushing.  Then I had some basic skills and focused mainly on military planes and tanks.  I came to LSP with my acquisition of the Tamiya Spitifire and the birth of WNW.  I remember when the Spitfire came out, I thought so what, I knew nothing of the Mk IX, it was not that interesting to me.  Then I got a cannot turn it down deal on the kit and the quality blew me away along with the build experience.  I had been a long time Tamiya fan but not that into their planes as it was not that big of a thing for them until more recent years.  Since that time I have been very active in this group although my focus on LSP comes and goes.

Edited by cbk57