Janterpol Books and Models Liquidation

LSP_Matt

Janterpol Books was previously a sponsor of LSP both financially and with review products.

My friend Ian McPherson was the owner of Janterpol Books and an avid modeler, motorcyclist and all-around general great guy.  He was a big importer of military books into Australia, especially from Poland.  A result of him falling in love with a Polish woman, learning Polish, loving Poland and then linking in with Kagero and others.

He unexpectedly and tragically passed away in April 2022.   I've offered to help his family in Australia and his widow in Poland by selling many of his models and stock of reference books.  He also had a stellar collection of military history books, some of which are quite hard to find.

I've taken on this task to help the family and also people in the modeling community who Ian supported.  It was with that in mind that I ran the notion of doing this bit of charity work for the family by the other LSP Staff many months ago. 

We collectively felt that given Ian had been an active sponsor of LSP, such a situation merited an exception to our conventional only- LSP-related products way of doing things. This is a hopefully never to be repeated situation nor a precedent that would signal a change in our conventional ways of operating.

I'm happy to discuss costs and the best methods of getting books to people. Postage will always be at cost and I earn no commission, nor does LSP for any of my efforts in passing along any items.  Many items are priced at the importation price or at massive discounts.

Ian's model stash was mostly armour so his stash reflects that flavour.  However, Ian had ordered a ton of IBG aircraft kits in the major scales just before he passed away. 

Anyone interested can contact me with a list of what they'd like to purchase.  I'm happy to post things in original boxes, or even snip sprues and repackage models into shipping boxes to reduce total volume. 

For example, the IBG PZL kit in 1/32 has a box that could easily accommodate x2 kits or even multiples of the 1/72 other kits.

Happy to discuss over PM.  The payment method would be PayPal Friends and Family option.  I'll supply details once any prices and postage arrangements have been agreed upon.

Many thanks for any support that is offered.  I'd rather Ians stuff go to a good home at a fair price.  I've listed many items below but I have a lot more kits and books to offer

Matty

Kits - brand new stock

1/32 Aircraft kits available - all brand new

IBG PZL Polish Fighter  - Number available x1

IBG PZL Romanian Service - Number available x3

IBG PZL Rare Birds - Number available x4

Kits @ 50 AUD each

PZL Romanian Service.jpg

PZL Polish fighter.jpg

PZL Rare Birds.jpg

Books

SMI Library

Click on title to reveal link to book details.

All titles @ $20 AUD

02 - Jagdpanzer German tracked tank destroyers 1943-1945                           Qty Available 4

06 - B - 25 J "Mitchell". In Combat over Europe (MTO)                                       Qty Available 5

07 - P-47 Thunderbolt with the USAAF - in the MTO, Asia and Pacific              Qty Available 1

09- Grumman F6F Hellcat vol. I                                                                             Qty Available 5

11-  P-51/F-6 Mustangs with the USAAF – European Theater of Operations     Qty Available 2

12 - P-51/F-6 Mustangs with the USAAF – in the MTO, Asia and Pacific            Qty Available 1

Air Battles

Click on title to reveal link to book details.

All titles @ $20 AUD

02 - P-51B/C Mustangs Over The Third Reich                                                                                                                                            Qty Available 7

03 - Messerschmitt Me 262. In Defence of the Third Reich                                                                                                                      Qty Available 1

04 - Messerschmitt Bf 109 T. The Lufwaffe's Naval Fighter                                                                                                                      Qty Available 2

05 - P-51D/K Mustangs Over The Third Reich                                                                                                                                             Qty Available 3

06 - Luftwaffe over Sevastopol .                                                                                                                                                                  Qty Available 10

08 - Hellcat. The legend of the Pacific                                                                                                                                                         Qty Available 10

11 - Lightnings of the U.S. 12th Army Air Force                                                                                                                                            Qty Available 3

12 - Lightnings of the U.S. 15th Army Air Force                                                                                                                                           Qty Available 6

15 - Thunderbolts of the U.S. 8th Army Air Force March 1943 - February 1944                                                                                       Qty Available 6

16 - Luftwaffe over the desert from January till August 1942                                                                                                                    Qty Available 4

17 - Thunderbolts of the U.S. 8th Army Air Force March 1945 – May .                                                                                                      Qty Available 2

18 - Objective: the Caucasus! The Luftwaffe operations in the southern sector of the Eastern Front: May – August, 1942                Qty Available 2

Kagero

UNITS

Each booklet comes with large decal sheet

All titles @ $15 AUD each

04 -  JG 51 Jagdgeschwader “Mölders” (decals) -                     Quantity Available 2

05 - JG 2. Jagdgeschwader "Richthofen" (decals) -                  Quantity Available 2

06 - JG 26 Jagdeschwader "Schlagater"(decals) -                    Quantity Available 6

07 - JG 53 "Pik As" (decals) -                                                       Quantity Available 4

Topcolours

Each booklet comes with large decal sheet

All titles @ $15 AUD each

15002 - Messerschmitt Bf 109 G over Germany vol I (decals)   Quantity Available 3

15026 - Battle of Britain Part III (decals)                                      Quantity Available 5

TopDrawings

All titles @ $10 AUD each

Good link to check out the titles.

Kagero TopDrawings.jpg

Matt might this title be in the collection?

CLASSIC WARBIRD SERIES NO. 11: Merlin PR Spitfires Pt 2

I have been trying to aquire it (and Part 1) for some time with no luck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0958229627/?coliid=IYEUWYRBELTJ0&colid=3RRC8OQXB5B9H&psc=0&ref_=mlv_ys_lv_dp_it

My condolences on the loss of your good friend. 

Greg

1 hour ago, Greg W said:

Matt might this title be in the collection?

CLASSIC WARBIRD SERIES NO. 11: Merlin PR Spitfires Pt 2

I have been trying to aquire it (and Part 1) for some time with no luck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0958229627/?coliid=IYEUWYRBELTJ0&colid=3RRC8OQXB5B9H&psc=0&ref_=mlv_ys_lv_dp_it

My condolences on the loss of your good friend. 

Greg

Thanks for you kind thoughts Greg.

Ian didn't have that title.  I'm not sure but I could possibly have it myself.  I know I have a few of those Ventura books from Malcolm in NZ.  I'll make some space and have a rummage.

Later Edit:  I had a look mate.  Turns out I have No 10 but not No 11.  Sorry.  I thought it sounded familiar.

Cheers Matty

• 2 weeks later...