F-84s in Korea, color film

Interesting color film dated 1952-1953.

Loading bombs, guns, testing at a range and more.

Good impression of the atmosphere at that base, various activities and installations there. 

I wonder what the C-46 was doing at the end, seemingly spraying something over the airfield?

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Excellent. I really like the variety of bomb colors and markings, as well as how filthy the M5 trailers got. It gives me some good ideas.

Yes, this film shows a lot of interesting details that can be incorporated to add realism to a model or diorama.

Alain

On 5/28/2023 at 7:16 PM, Alain Gadbois said:

Yes, this film shows a lot of interesting details that can be incorporated to add realism to a model or diorama.

Alain

Agreed. I generally knew a lot of the US airfields there were dusty, but had no idea how bad it really was.

Boy, those pilots were really happy about something! Maybe they were just glad to have made it back.  Why is it that GIs back in the day would walk right up to a camera lens and then stand there motionless grinning like Gomer Pyle??  I’ve seen guys do that several times.  And what the hell was that long skinny ammo can they pulled out from behind the cockpit of that F-84?  It fit crossways in the airframe, but what did it feed - the guns are in the nose.  Looks like the C-46 was spraying for mosquitoes.  The USAF retained that mission well into the 90s and may still have it for all I know.  

1 hour ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Boy, those pilots were really happy about something! Maybe they were just glad to have made it back.  Why is it that GIs back in the day would walk right up to a camera lens and then stand there motionless grinning like Gomer Pyle??  I’ve seen guys do that several times.  And what the hell was that long skinny ammo can they pulled out from behind the cockpit of that F-84?  It fit crossways in the airframe, but what did it feed - the guns are in the nose.  Looks like the C-46 was spraying for mosquitoes.  The USAF retained that mission well into the 90s and may still have it for all I know.  

There was one .50 in each of the wing roots.