1:32nd scale Halberstadt Cl.II

sandbagger

Hi Mike,

yet another stunning build which had me stunned, especially since I wasn't aware that there is a sheet of Aviattic decals for this lozenge scheme - brilliant! Makes we want to go look for a CI.II as I passed on it when the recent WnW shipping containers hit our shores and I scored a number of kits on my want / must have list.

You are a machine, churning out these fiddly kits in (what feels like) a monthly fashion at this incredible level of detail and customization. I can't even keep up buying kits at that same rate ;).

I have one question regarding the props though. Have you ordered them recently - either directly from Proper Plane or LF Models or from a reseller (UK or EU) or is this "old stock" you got before things went south there around this time last year? I'm asking since I'm on the fence regarding ordering a bunch of props from either company for a number of kits but am hesitant due to the situation there. I'd probably try through a reseller, however, the props are supposedly built to order, so that might be a different kind of difficult as well.

Edited by sky

On 2/23/2023 at 10:36 AM, sky said:

Hi Mike,

yet another stunning build which had me stunned, especially since I wasn't aware that there is a sheet of Aviattic decals for this lozenge scheme - brilliant! Makes we want to go look for a CI.II as I passed on it when the recent WnW shipping containers hit our shores and I scored a number of kits on my want / must have list.

You are a machine, churning out these fiddly kits in (what feels like) a monthly fashion at this incredible level of detail and customization. I can't even keep up buying kits at that same rate ;).

I have one question regarding the props though. Have you ordered them recently - either directly from Proper Plane or LF Models or from a reseller (UK or EU) or is this "old stock" you got before things went south there around this time last year? I'm asking since I'm on the fence regarding ordering a bunch of props from either company for a number of kits but am hesitant due to the situation there. I'd probably try through a reseller, however, the props are supposedly built to order, so that might be a different kind of difficult as well.

Hi Sky,

I've had LF models propellers and found them to be OK but generally the centre hubs are over scale.

Also they don't come with hub plates as far as I remember.

As such I've mostly used 'Proper Plane' propellers on my models.

Despite the situation out there, Alexey and Olga will take orders and dispatch anywhere.

Payment, for example, can be by 'PayPal'. 

You'll need you give Alexy time to produce the propellers as he's a busy man and not always able to work with what's going on.

You'll get notified when dispatched.

I'm in the UK and it's our postal system that's causes delays.

I think delays may occur once the orders leave Europe and get to the destination country.

'Proper Plane' are quality, which you pay for, but I think are the best on the market,

Mike 

Edited by sandbagger

Hi Mike,

cheers for your feedback and opinion, much appreciated! So I guess it is Proper Plane for me as well since I love the way the ones you've used on your models look. I'll see to contacting them regarding a few props. I'm fine with delays as long as things make it and I know the Royal Mail has had a few issues recently, but down here on the continent things aren't as peachy as they may seem either. We've had a fair bit of striking in several areas (postal services, flight personnel, etc.) so yeah. Same same, but different.