A rarity for me....a Bf109 and this time it's a Revell G-10 Erla - Pretty Much Done.

Juggernut

Turned out fantastic, Tim!  Looking back on the build, I noticed that the drain tube in the oil cooler intake was pointed out but it does not appear that you incorporated it.  Which is a good thing because, from my understanding, the drain tube was NOT present on Erla G-10's.

8 hours ago, Thunnus said:

Turned out fantastic, Tim!  Looking back on the build, I noticed that the drain tube in the oil cooler intake was pointed out but it does not appear that you incorporated it.  Which is a good thing because, from my understanding, the drain tube was NOT present on Erla G-10's.

Thanks and no, I did not incorporate the drain tube.  I only drilled the drain hole beneath the oil tank.  I saw on your build thread that someone pointed out that the drain  tube should not be present and through that and photographic confirmation, I verified it and didn't put one in.

4 hours ago, Greif8 said:

Beautiful build and excellent craftsmanship Tim!  You did a top shelf job airbrushing the mottling and the other painted areas to capture the look of a late war 109 very accurately.

Ernest

Thanks Ernest, very much appreciated.  Thanks to you and Damian and other people's input, I managed to get the mottling to a point where I was happy with it.