1/32 scale internal details Albatros D.V.

Gazzas

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

Some expert work has gone into that. How do these folks do it?

it's the newest phase of modelling...    creating 3d parts with a printer.  I'd love to do it myself...  but i think if I ever got started, I'd never have time to build my stash.

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

it's the newest phase of modelling...    creating 3d parts with a printer.  I'd love to do it myself...  but i think if I ever got started, I'd never have time to build my stash.

Not 'how do they print it?' but 'how do they manage to so adeptly design it all in 3D?'. My son has a resin printer and he printed out a 1/43 scale race car for me (from a purchased file). The detail was amazing. In Japan, MFH has been doing 3D-printed chassis for a couple of years and they are also works of art. The early stuff you could see layering (even if it was probably .1mm or less) but more recently they've gone into 3D-printed wire wheels and they are probably better-scaled than the individually-spoked metal versions.

The point for me is that I still want something I can put together and paint. I want to take my time to do it too. So there will always be a place for kits (in the old sense) and I think these 3D-printed masterpieces can sit alongside our 'ancient' type of kits rather than replacing them.