books- thoughts & musings

LSP_Mike

I have that one and the jet fighters book.

My bookcase Kev is about 7×5. Pretty full, but I have a bunch of hardbacks in there as well. I have a wee soft spot for the old Armor Series from the 70s, as well as the Aero series from the same time frame.

19 minutes ago, ivanmoe said:

There are so many wonderful books on aviation subjects out there, but one really stands outs to me:

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Book-World-War-Airplanes/dp/0517459930/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Great+Book+of+WWII+Airplanes+by+Rikyu+Watanabe&qid=1620698532&sr=8-2

632 pages long and bursting at the seams with Watanabe's marvelous illustrations, the volume highlights twelve warbirds from WW2. I still lug my copy out from time to time and marvel at the visual feast within its covers. Check out the Amazon reviews if you're interested.

That may well be one of the first big hardbound editions I ever grabbed, the complete collection of his individual books in one volume.

6 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

I have that one and the jet fighters book.

My bookcase Kev is about 7×5. Pretty full, but I have a bunch of hardbacks in there as well. I have a wee soft spot for the old Armor Series from the 70s, as well as the Aero series from the same time frame.

I just recently snatched this one, and am eyeballing the other two volumes as well.

A5zNo0.jpg

4 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

That may well be one of the first big hardbound editions I ever grabbed, the complete collection of his individual books in one volume.

I recall thinking that the title was kind a cheezy when I first saw it at B&N. My wife and I were browsing the shelves in 1989. I picked up an unsealed copy and was shocked by the quality of the color plates and all. Sober fellow that I considered myself, I put it back on the shelf and left with my wife. Hah, she went back with my kids, later, and bought it as an Xmas gift for yours truly. What a treasure!