Recommendations for Mask Cutting Machines

Citadelgrad

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all at the moment I use portrait because it make the job ands its cheaper us Kevin says I am in his forum and at the Facebook group the problems I have notice all the people post their jobs with the cuts but no one share them. That's all. I have make a tutorial here if anyone wants and can help him

www.scalemodel.gr/scale.pdf 

Thanks giorgos. 

Edited by Giorgos

1 hour ago, Giorgos said:

Hello to all at the moment I use portrait because it make the job ands its cheaper us Kevin says I am in his forum and at the Facebook group the problems I have notice all the people post their jobs with the cuts but no one share them. That's all. I have make a tutorial here if anyone wants and can help him

www.scalemodel.gr/scale.pdf 

Thanks giorgos. 

Thanks Giorgos!  Thats exactly the kind of tutorial i can use.  

• 2 weeks later...

I think I may have mentioned that I was considering a purchase.  After reading this and other threads here and on Scale Model Paint Masks, and after vacillating between the Cameo 4 and the Portrait 3, I've gone for the latter.  It looks like it will do what I need it to, it's smaller, and I wasn't sure the extra features and facilities on the Cameo were worth the price difference.  Looking forward to trying a few masks.

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 11:48 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

Silhouette makes several different models of cutting machine, of which Cameo is only one. The latest version is 4, though I'm hearing a few complaints about it, and some are saying it's not as good as the 3. Personally, I use their Portrait model, which is significantly more compact than the Cameo, and the main reason for my choosing it. The cutting mat that comes with it will handle A4-sized sheets with ease.

Yes, traffic over at Scale Model Paint Masks is disappointingly light, and I have no idea how to fix that. For ages, everyone was clamouring for a centralised library to house freely-downloadable mask cutting files, but now that it exists, it seems no one is especially interested. This is the way, I guess.

Kev

Kev, if you made it a sub forum on here, traffic will increase a lot I think.

20 minutes ago, Grunticus said:

Kev, if you made it a sub forum on here, traffic will increase a lot I think.

It's deliberately not that for many reasons, chief among them being that it caters for the entire gamut of scale modelling, whereas LSP is steadfast in its focus on Large Scale Planes. In other words, it simply wouldn't be appropriate here.

Kev