1:32 Hasegawa Bf 109G-14/AS, looking for who I bought it from

LSP_K2

8 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nope, but no real need now either, now that the AM 'pit has been identified. Speaking of which, a close survey of the parts, indicates several items from the set are missing, so I may need to source some additional stuff elsewhere, as I sure have absolutely no intention of paying $50 for another, which it was never worth in the first place, at least in my opinion.

Please send me a pm to let me know what is missing.  I stumbled into an estate sale a few years ago and bought a bunch of Bf-109 things that I have not used and May never use.  

Treading carefully here, there is a photo in Prien & Rodeike Bf109 book on page 163 that shows a G-10 with underwing cannon. It has the DB605D engine and presumably the MW-50 system so they must have found a way to install the guns on the wings. I say go for it and use the book as reference for any doubters.

TRF

36 minutes ago, fastterry said:

Treading carefully here, there is a photo in Prien & Rodeike Bf109 book on page 163 that shows a G-10 with underwing cannon. It has the DB605D engine and presumably the MW-50 system so they must have found a way to install the guns on the wings. I say go for it and use the book as reference for any doubters.

TRF

I really doubt it'll come down to that. Even though the competition at a regional tends to generally be of a higher caliber, gobs will still get dropped in the first cull, probably leaving only but a few ("especially" in this scale), so accuracy issues (or not), shouldn't really be an issue. At least that's the word from Mike B., a longtime friend who's also a senior nationals judge.

1 hour ago, fastterry said:

TRF

As I already said, technically it was possible to fit the R6 kit to any type of Bf 109 from the F to the K. There is no need to "find a way". The issue is with the extra weight, which slows down the aircraft in an environment where all enemies are already faster. 

If you have a photo of a G-14 with R6, then by all means make a model of that. 

Radu

26 minutes ago, Radub said:

As I already said, technically it was possible to fit the R6 kit to any type of Bf 109 from the F to the K. There is no need to "find a way". The issue is with the extra weight, which slows down the aircraft in an environment where all enemies are already faster. 

If you have a photo of a G-14 with R6, then by all means make a model of that. 

Radu

Well the extra guns didn't help the one in the photograph as it had crash landed, presumably after combat.

TRF