1/32 scale Fw 190 A-8

alaninaustria

Hej guys... here is my latest Fw 190 A-8! I just love the camo pattern! This one is built using the MDC cockpit again (Great stuff BTW!) and all maskings airbrushed with the Montex generic German markings. The camo is airbrushed Gunze (All my models are painted in Gunze), Hobby Decal dry transfers and a little TLC with the outer cannon mountings, they were driled out of the wing and then shaped using Mr. Surfacer 500, very time consuming. Jerry Crandall provided the camo tips, thanks Jerry!

Enjoy....

Cheers

Alan

post-4-1136554257.jpg

And the last of the breed... and the most important: the "office" of the butcher bird.... seat belts cut from brown paper that has been "beaten" to give it the soft cloth look..... MDC instrument decals to go with the excellent MDC cockpit... cockpit handle made by the Mission models "grab handler" (sounds like a sexual assualt crime doesn't it?) :lol:

Hope you enjoy my work.... this one and the others all took a really long time..... I am about as slow as mollasses in January :)

post-4-1136642425.jpg

Very cool model Alan! I enjoyed all your photos you posted of this and the other kits. I hope to one day have a nice LW colection as this. Also love the cabinets.

Thanx for ignoring the politics. I always hate seeing models raped for political correctness. Perhaps one day Europe too will be free and one will be alowed free speech and things like that.

I think MDC should start sponsoring you! How about some looks into the cockpits?

Thanks guys, means alot to me to hear such positive feedback! Thanks! Piet: as for the cabinets, those are from IKEA, (50Euro each) they came originally only with 3 shelves of glass. I thought that it was not so practical to just have 4 shelves, so I went and bought a few lengths of aluminum rod at 6mm thick. I then cut them to length (4 new shelf supports) with a cut-off (metal) saw. I measured the distance between the existing shelves and divided them in half, test fitting the LW models to make sure they still would fit and that it would not look to cramped.

I made a visit to a metal shop here and bought a 4mm set of matching drill bits (get atleast 4 .... I broke a few in the process B) ) a "tap" (that makes threads) and matching machine screws..... what I did is then take the cabinet apart. It is basicaly two "ladder" sides of metal with the shelf mounts, so I drilled the new mounting holes into the frame, and also onto the new shelf mounts (6mm thick alu rod cut to length).... then I countersunk the screw head with a countersink bit... and then "zapped" the new shelf mounts to the frame with a screw driver!!! I bought new glass shelves from the local glass market store and cut some new rubber spacers (you can see them underneath the shelf itself in the pics...protects the two glass surfaces.. :unsure: ) and I had in a period of an hour or so effectively doubled my vitrine capapacity without making it look too clutered.... and I love it! And it cost around 12 Euro per cabinet (I have done four of them: one for Luftwaffe... the other for European theatre Allies.... the other for Pacific US NAVY, and the other for Pacific Japanesse.... all I have to do now is fill them up with completed builds!!) :D :lol: :)

Here is a link to the generic IKEA vitrine:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/serv...561*15639*15645

And below is a rather dark pic of the completed vitrine after modification!

Enjoy ..... and if it is your speed and SA has IKEA I would buy a few of these units for display... helps keep the dust down and the models llok great once in there! Only thing is that the Ju 87 wingspan is too big for it! :angry:

Cheers mate

Alan

post-4-1136712523.jpg